Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have no clue where to Post this so freely move it.

Just saw it on a FB and since there are some really good Shredders in the House they might want to take their chances on it.

It's a contest and before anyone bitches I have no affiliation on anything. Its just sharing information and nothing else.

https://guitar.solocontest.com/?fbc...8JXNpVUN04i0GTtmIDRrlxlg OwzyQ_1dJVazWQj3UAw

If any of you enter post it so we can drool listening to it and best of Luck :)

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Bland backing track nobody cares about, check.
Endless noodling of well played techniques the listener wont remember in 5 minutes, check.

Kidding aside, Im being hypocritical, my ass was always up for this stuff long ago. I even did a Guitar Center "Guitar Wars" once... Ralph Santola should have won but they gave it to some dude who did whammy squels instead of the shred monster.... ruined the concept in general for me.

If its fun.... go for it.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Well, I played guitar solo all through 2020, so I think I pretty much won that one... :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Subbing to thread in case Noodles (or any other hate dealer) is inspired to warm the cockles of my heart with anything approaching this genius quip from a similar compo: "pile of bitchpicking hipster douchebags"

:noodles: :wub: :rofl:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You know it's a serious competition when they have a picture of Captain Air Guitar on the advert.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Dunno what you guys are grumbling about... Sure, the brands are very 'hip', but still seemingly nice gear and a nice opportunity.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I refuse to enter any contest where there's no possibility of me winning a Gruv Gear Fretwrap.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I'm still surprised these things even exist.
You never hear about the guys who win them anyway.

Dean Guitars Shred Contest ruined the world. :lol:

Fun Fact: I won a live Guitar Solo Competition, you played to live bands music they choose.
And I choose to "audition" with "California Love" and it was hilarious. :lol: Loved it.

Starts at 0:58. I had a ton of fun:

I wish, there were more competitions like this.
Because you eventually have to have a dual-off and the judges decide together who wins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts