Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need one or two. I'm purchasing things at Musician's Friend to make myself feel better.

I have one "Off the Wall" hangar which I think is of significant quality and was ~$15. I'd like one that will properly accommodate 7-string necks and that I can trust to hold an expensive instrument when mounted properly.

Go.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Hercules one's that lock automatically when you put the guitar in them.
I HATED those. With a passion. :lol: I think I finally went out, bought string swings, and gave them away because they sucked so badly.

And yeah, I've never needed the locking feature - I've never had a guitar fall out on me.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I liked the look of those, but they are twice as expensive and I don't see how the guitar is going to slip off. The other ones come with bumpers too.
Oh, i have seen guitars come out of string swings. Hit them into the wall hard enough and they can bounce out. Unlikely clearly, but it happens when idiots are around often enough

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I like the string swings and have 4 in my room but I have one of the hercules ones for in the common area at my house where my roommate's toddler can grab my guitar so it keeps it from getting pulled down :2cents:

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
I also am a "swinger".

Note the picks anally placed between the strings at the 4th fret..always the 4th fret:nuts:

One of the shops I go to have these fuzzy condoms that go over the the neck support and prevents that finish wear on the headstocks. For an additional $5 I think it's a good investment. I've never seen these things anywhere else and they actually don't even have them out to sell. I just asked one day and :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I HATED those. With a passion. :lol: I think I finally went out, bought string swings, and gave them away because they sucked so badly.
I know, you gave them to ME. And I love them, even though I now have more hangers than guitars :lol:

[action=James]is working on that[/action]

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Still not a fan of that headstock :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.