Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad I don't live in LA. The first show was officially announced this morning. They play the Troubadour tonight (which also happens to be the first venue they played at)

Still no official confirmation about who else is playing aside from Axl, Slash and Duff, but Steven A is strongly rumored to play tonight. Tickets were only $10.

I will save my $$ until I see how they sound. I saw the Axl GNR band in 2006 and he sounded great. I was also on the rail directly in front of him all night so I had a decent opportunity to hear him clearly. I am not sure about how he's aged 10yrs.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
On April Fools Day?

"We're going to sound awesome!!"

"Just kidding, my voice is blown out, and we suck"

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be catching the Houston Tx show just to see if his voice has changed live in person since I last saw in 2006. And to see Duff and Slash back in the band.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Apparently their secret show at the troubador last night went quite well. That said I'm not out to catch this tour. I'm too busy being pissy about missing Maiden in Toronto :(

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Unfortunately no Steven or Izzy (even though Steven's kit was supposedly there. The videos actually sound pretty good. Probably best Axl has sounded in forever.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts

I'm pretty fuckin' surprised....I haven't heard Axl sound like this in a long ass time.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Rumor was that Adler was supposed to play, but had to have back surgery at the last minute. Not sure if this is true or a source covering their ass.

I agree not having Adler is a mistake, but I can make do with Richard Fortus on guitar. Dude's my favorite post-UYI rhythm guitarist.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

I'm pretty fuckin' surprised....I haven't heard Axl sound like this in a long ass time.
You know, not amazing... But WAY better than I was afraid. And that looks like a fun venue to see GNR in, fairly small.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Big fail not using Adler, that drummer is good but he just does not have the feel that Adler brings to the table.
At least they have the random dude on bongos picking up the slack. :lol:

Sounds pretty damn solid though, I'd pay to see this.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wow, the first GNR reunion show at a small and up close venue, that would have been amazing to be there.

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tickets are steep at $250 for good seats. I am hoping I can get in on the Citi Private Pass Presale this morning. See how that goes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was scheduled for 11. Got on stage at 12. When gnr came here a few years back it was a 7pm show. They went on at 11. Ended at 2 am

·
The Highway to Hell
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The show usually starts around 7, they go on stage around 9, then they got on the bus around 11, sip some drinks and doing fine.

So they had their tour start times pretty set in stone since at least Appetite :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts