Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report: Guns N' Roses Are Announcing Worldwide Reunion Tour in a Matter of Days! | Music News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

After Guns N' Roses' official Twitter page posted that cryptic message hinting the band's classic lineup is set for a massively-anticipated reunion, a new report is claiming that the announcement of a global classic GN'R tour is set to drop in just a matter of days.

According to Dish Nation, the group will first headline several major festivals in Europe and US, only to embark on a worldwide headlining tour to mark 30 years of GN'R.

This somewhat matches the previous report claiming that the band's first reunion show will take place in Portugal earlier next year.

An insider noted: "Slash and Axl have verbally agreed to get things together again and reform the original band. The live shows is where they can show the world what they had and also make the greatest earnings.

"Promoters are quietly working away to land opportunities. Details of the reunion are expected to leak out in the next few days. Everyone is expecting huge demand for tickets, but the boys are very humble and are not sure what to expect."
:dgaf:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I feel the same about this as I do about the thought of reanimating the bloated, half rotted, fly infested corpse of a horse that stopped winning races 20 years ago.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Hopefully Axl will get his ass in shape so he sounds better and can sing without getting out of breath. And they better have Adler drumming! I dont care of Sorum is there as well, but Adler better be there.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I'd consider going if the "classic lineup" included Izzy Reed and replaced Axl.

The live shows is where they can show the world what they had and also make the greatest earnings.
A guy's gotta put food on the table.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
It's nice that they might be getting back together but I wouldn't go to see them. I might be interested if they put out a new album, but that's a big "might".

I love Appetite For Destruction but really didn't love anything after that - just a few select songs. I can't see how they would have the "fire" that they had back then so I can't see how the music (live or newly recorded) could compare.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It's nice that they might be getting back together but I wouldn't go to see them. I might be interested if they put out a new album, but that's a big "might".

I love Appetite For Destruction but really didn't love anything after that - just a few select songs. I can't see how they would have the "fire" that they had back then so I can't see how the music (live or newly recorded) could compare.
Its quite possible the entire lineup will have died of old age before they finish another album even if they start it today.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Its quite possible the entire lineup will have died of old age before they finish another album even if they start it today.
Yeah, that's true. I forgot how long it took before Chinese Democracy (that's what it's called, right? Didn't buy it) was actually for sale from when it was started. I just meant that based on the albums they created after AFD I doubt I'd be interested in buying a new album, but I might, just out of curiosity.

I also forgot about how long it would take Guns to actually get to the stage after the posted starting time. So f**k that, to me actually ever seeing them.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
not only will it only be ok, because the music will probably be played correctly but axel hasn't been able to sing these songs since the early 90's. whats the point? Axel is going to be a wuss and not play half the shows, the other half will be super late because he's backstage with some new age healer realigning his garbage while everyone else waits around listen to the radio wondering if they are going to destroy the venue or not.

2/10 would not give money to.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts