Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Very cool phrasing using just bends... absolutely absurd accuracy!

He must have his bridge locked in order to do that... there's no way he could bend like that on a floating Floyd. (The GG signature Suhrs were the first to include a Tremol-No™ from the factory)

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I wouldn't assume that. He's not doing any multi-string bends. Both Jeff Beck and Chris Poland do the same kinds of "bend runs" on guitars with floating trems. You just have to practice your ass off, since the amount of bending needed changes up and down the neck.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
For the degree of bends he's doing and the accuracy, i'd be very surprised if his bridge weren't locked. Trying to bend up 3 or 4 semitones on a fully floating bridge is REALLY hard, because the bridge sags forward so much.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
For the degree of bends he's doing and the accuracy, i'd be very surprised if his bridge weren't locked. Trying to bend up 3 or 4 semitones on a fully floating bridge is REALLY hard, because the bridge sags forward so much.
While doing the accurate bending thing he demonstrated would be hard, I'm not quite understanding why bending up 3-4 semitones would be particularly hard.
If you're using heavy as shit strings, yeah, but I do it all the time on my RG1527 which has an Edge Pro, in fact even bend up to 5 semi tones regularly :shrug:
Satch appears to have no trouble doing it either.
It's anything HIGHER than 5 semi tones which is where it gets really difficult IMO

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Well, i doubt Guthrie would have asked Suhr to make the Tremol-No standard on his guitars if he weren't going to use it. ;)

There's a little more resistance bending against a fixed bridge, but you don't have to push the strings as far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts