Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
24,264 Posts
You may be able to dial your guitar's volume back a bit. The Maxon is pretty transparent in that it doesn't color the tone, just pushes it hard. Give it a shot.

· Read Only
7,947 Posts
What I usually do is turn off the Tubescreamer a few seconds before I actually have to switch to my clean channel. As long as you have the level on the pedal set to match the volume on your amp, nobody in the audience will notice if you lose a little bit of gain for a second on the tail end of a chord. That way you take care of it ahead of time and don't have to tap dance to hit the TS and your amp's foot switch at the same time.

· Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
What I usually do is turn off the Tubescreamer a few seconds before I actually have to switch to my clean channel. As long as you have the level on the pedal set to match the volume on your amp, nobody in the audience will notice if you lose a little bit of gain for a second on the tail end of a chord. That way you take care of it ahead of time and don't have to tap dance to hit the TS and your amp's foot switch at the same time.
best answer its what i do

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.