Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in my man cave jamming out, and my wife stops in to talk to me, and all the sudden I start picking up a pilot asking about conditions over lake michigan.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
My first practice amp would pick up Spanish radio all the goddam time, freaked the fuck out of me first time it happened :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

Matt C said:
One of my wah pedals picks up the local Spanish language Christian station.
Well shit, rock and roll isn't a tool of the devil after all.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
My Jerry Cantrell wah picks up the BBC. I've got a video somewhere of me filming my cabinet while an eerie voice cuts in and out talking about mass casualties and genocide, I cranked up the delay so it would trail off....definitely going to use that on a recording somewhere. Creepy as all hell.

·
Registered
517 Posts
my small 15 watter once picked up a russian station (or at least I hope it was a radio station...and not some KGB trasmission :ugh:)

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
There's a band called Ruinor who's album I recorded/produced. As we were recording leads on the outtro to one of the tracks the guitarist's wah (Zakk Wylde model with a crazy high sweep) was picking up a radio station playing some old French jazz. We kept the take and it's actually how the song fades out, with a lead line fading out to the old crackly jazz, sounds awesome :lol:

·
Registered
803 Posts
There's a band called Ruinor who's album I recorded/produced. As we were recording leads on the outtro to one of the tracks the guitarist's wah (Zakk Wylde model with a crazy high sweep) was picking up a radio station playing some old French jazz. We kept the take and it's actually how the song fades out, with a lead line fading out to the old crackly jazz, sounds awesome :lol:
That actually sounds pretty cool all i get is Bill O'reilly type radio on my mxr 10 band eq

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
When I lived in Cincinnati, my apartment was RIGHT next to a radio tower. I picked up different stations depending on how I was sitting :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts