Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half-decent footage of my band covering Harvester of Sorrow & Seasons in the Abyss

It was a tiiiiiny pub :lol:
These were the last two songs of a two hour set so excuse the sloppy playing, I was tired :noplease:

EDIT: :ugh: that Slayer solo was fucking AWFUL! My signal started to crap out (you can hear it kinda drop a couple of notes in) and it threw me off (still don't know what caused it), I don't usually play it that badly, honestly :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Shittier video of Harvester of Sorrow! :lol:

I think you guys pulled it off better!

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
That fucking ruled, man. Both videos I've seen of your cover band, the audience have loved it.

I think you did an ok job on the Slayer solo. Couple of not so strong squeals, but that's fair enough. Anyway, you could put the guitar down for the duration and still do a better solo than the original, so I wouldn't ever worry about that one. You also nailed the HoS solo, though. :shred:

Your other guitarist did a great job on Hanneman's best solo, too.

Edit: moved to the correct forum. Nice catch, Leon. :lol: That performance by your band is fucking awesome, dude. I've watched a longer video of you guys before, and you absolutely slay.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great jerb Leon! We also butcher Sanitarium and Hit The Lights, do you guys do those?

That fucking ruled, man. Both videos I've seen of your cover band, the audience have loved it.

I think you did an ok job on the Slayer solo. Couple of not so strong squeals, but that's fair enough. Anyway, you could put the guitar down for the duration and still do a better solo than the original, so I wouldn't ever worry about that one. You also nailed the HoS solo, though. :shred:

Your other guitarist did a great job on Hanneman's best solo, too.

Edit: moved to the correct forum. Nice catch, Leon. :lol: That performance by your band is fucking awesome, dude. I've watched a longer video of you guys before, and you absolutely slay.
Yeah the not so strong squeals are my signal dropping out for some reason :shrug: My gain started to die, you can see me quickly tap-dance to turn my tubescreamer on for some extra juice, but by that point it had kicked back into gear. Dodgy cable, or something. But it ruined my flow and made me fluff the rest of it which was annoying, because we usually get that whole solo section really spot-on.

It doesn't matter really, it was like midnight by that point and everyone in the crowd was hammered :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I was sorta between power amps for this show. I was running my TriAxis, wanted the RT2/50, but hadn't found one yet, but didn't want to use my MosValve, so I scored a Carvin T100 (pre-TS100) on the 'bay, with EL34's, and ran it 50w. It was a bit harsh, but much more lively than the MosValve (though, the MosValve sounded better through my 2x12, but, really, who takes a 2x12 to a metal show when you've got a 4x12 :metal:).

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome man! :metal:
I'm running direct into my Dual Rec > zilla. I used to boost with a 808 but after getting to know it better over the last few months I much prefer it without.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I never use a boost with the TriAxis, since there's basically 1/0 gain on tap :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts