Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Birthday to one of the greatest guitar heroes in all of the world! My first personally.

Still hoping to meet him or see him live one day!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Happy B-day Edward if you can hear us.:metal:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

Eddie fucking rules. The first four Van Halen albums are gospel to me.

Reactions: Boots-Paul

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
As fantastic of a shredder he is, the man was a fucking amazing rhythm guitarist and riff writer.

Unchained, Mean Street, On Fire, Light Up The Sky, Humans Being, DOA, Sinner's Swing, even the newer shit like Bullethead, She's the Woman, As Is, and Beat's Workin' are damn good. Pisses me off when I see people refer to EVH as a "soulless shredder" when in fact he wrote some of the catchiest songs ever, and is FAR from a soulless shredder.

Happy 60th to the greatest. :D

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As fantastic of a shredder he is, the man was a fucking amazing rhythm guitarist and riff writer.

Unchained, Mean Street, On Fire, Light Up The Sky, Humans Being, DOA, Sinner's Swing, even the newer shit like Bullethead, She's the Woman, As Is, and Beat's Workin' are damn good. Pisses me off when I see people refer to EVH as a "soulless shredder" when in fact he wrote some of the catchiest songs ever, and is FAR from a soulless shredder.

:agreed:

In honor of his 60th Went and bought "Balance." Ever album has a glorious guitar tone. I showed my friend "Poundcake" today and he grooved!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts

So much this.:agreed: And having nothing but fun doing it.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts

+100 Really could not have said it better.

First Van Halen album I ever bought was Balance. It was a cassette from Blockbuster Music I think. lol. The album had just come out. I was young and didn't know much about their discography, so I figured I'd just buy whatever was the most current. Needless to say, I quickly went back and bought their whole discography.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
60 already......fuck my life:(

:picard:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Getting old and ugly ah Flexy. Don't worry man we all are.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

poor video quality but I love this song..... Dance the Night Away

Thing about Eddie is that he can tap and shred but he writes catchy and fun riffs like the core of this song.

Not to mention killer tone.

LAter on I enjoyed his work on the keyboard too. Nothing complex but again catchy.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

poor video quality but I love this song..... Dance the Night Away

Thing about Eddie is that he can tap and shred but he writes catchy and fun riffs like the core of this song.

Not to mention killer tone.

LAter on I enjoyed his work on the keyboard too. Nothing complex but again catchy.
That song sucks! One of the worst songs they did for that era. :noplease:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I've never loved Eddie's tone... Which is funny, because over time I've realized it isn't THAT dissimilar to my own. Go figure. :lol:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Sammy had Platinum albums besides VH is why

He has also had good business moves with the Tequila etc..

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
How is hagar's net worth 120 million and Eddie is only 85 million?
Booze. Sammy sells a bunch of it, and Eddie drinks too much of it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts