Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
What a whore :wub:

Sounds like Periphery to me. Is this a side project or what?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I liked it but that section at 0:36? I know extreme metal gets away with random tremelo picking and blast beats, but this just seems out of place. Goes into a nice melody after, just feels like that one riff was "lego blocked" into this song. I really like the amount of gain in the guitars, its low so every thing is clear.

Overall pretty good though :yesway:

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I guess now that i have seen it mentioned a few times, i see where you guys are coming from with that evil blast part, chalk it up to different strokes but we actually like the way it fits haha.

You know posting things other than your own music is cool too right...
Haha of course. I apologize if my posts as of late have been solely "shameless spam" as i didnt mean to offend anyone by it.
Honestly i miss the days when i had time to post on the forums all day long, i have been so busy as of late that i havent even had time to get into or keep up with video games or shows or the other things i used to do with my free time.
I figured i would keep posting updates on what was going on with my various projects so that people could hear about it from me directly, but if you guys would prefer that i stop posting on here if all i have time for is just to post new songs and such, then just let me know and ill be sure to respect that.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Aww i love you guys too!
Who knows maybe on tour (so long as we get wifi at the various clubs) i can find time to post then!
The hell with that. You need to be sleeping with blondes, brunettes, sisters, midgets and other assorted chicks while on tour! :metal:

"I AM THE BULB. LOVE ME."

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
The hell with that. You need to be sleeping with blondes, brunettes, sisters, midgets and other assorted chicks while on tour! :metal:

Yes, perhaps you should be practicing a different tapping technique.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I still want to know what happened to your singer. The guy on the album is OK as far as radio-rock is concerned, but the guy on the Sumerian Summer Sampler disc I got after the thrash/burn tour just completely smokes the album-guy.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts

Make bulb, not war :D

Definitely keep posting, even though it makes my writing/mixing/playing-skills seem hopeless :scream:

I probably use too much time on movies and video-games :p

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
I have to say I really, really like this. In fact, I think I like it more than Periphery (sorry!) To my ears it's like a more melodic 'Veil of Maya' with a bit of a post hardcore sound as in if 'At the Drive In' did full on metal. Love the tone. Is the guitar a bit out of tune at beginning? Sounds a couple of cents out to me (could be wrong just thought I would check). Fucking great tuneful riffs in this. Really nice stuff - I will be keeping a look out for updates!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts