Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Check out my new full dual guitar cover to "Periphery - Have a Blast" with the awesome Rockoryon \m/
Feel free to make any comment and share :)

Cheers,

Bar.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The thing i find frustrating with a lot of these types of "playthrough" videos is i can't tell if the person/people in the video are actually playing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

:dgaf:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
If you put this much effort into making up your own riffs you might also find that rewarding.

Whatever makes you happy though, just pointing out that there are a million other djent kids doing this and it's not really a good way to stand out.

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
what's up with that the whole 'smile-and-be-cute-and-make-it-look-effortless' thing and goofy thing that some of these metal kids do today?

that grinning 'oh, look at me... did I just play that? haha [modest, yet nervous giggle]. and i'm not even sweating? whoa, i did it again - is it supposed to be easy, haha?'

if you're not going to break a sweat, don't bother. nobody cares about how fast one bar of down-picking is going to be if it's followed by some alternate strumming, then some cute sweeps.

fucking boy bands

EDIT: just realized that came across as bashing periphery tunes. this could have been avoided if i were less arrogant and if you would have smiled less in the video. grouchy old men don't want to see you having fun, or you intentionally trying to show how easy it is for you to play. we'd rather see some passion...

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
So much hate :lol:

The thing i find frustrating with a lot of these types of "playthrough" videos is i can't tell if the person/people in the video are actually playing.
:agreed: Turn your guitars up; we all know what the album version of this song sounds like.

·
18,790 Posts
I don't know what people are talking about, all I can hear are these guys guitars drowning out the original, since they're loud and too fat with too much gain :lol:

Playing is awesome, and music is supposed to be fun.

I was going to say don't expect to get recognition and money from doing cover videos, but then I remembered how much more guys who play in cover bands make than I do playing music. This is just the new version of that.

·
Curls for the Girls
381 Posts
I dont really agree with the spam post, however thats a lot of unnecessary hate. Sounds good to me, keep at it dudes.:yesway:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I dont really agree with the spam post, however thats a lot of unnecessary hate. Sounds good to me, keep at it dudes.:yesway:
When you have seven posts here and you post a vid of a playthrough of a djent tune (by whatever djent band you wish), you're going to get ripped on. It's a constant of the universe, like water freezing or Dave being angry.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Believe me, what you hear is our guitars!

and to all that don't believe that what they hear it's us, then there is no better compliment than that, because they think it's perfect... (but in fairness admit it is not...)

You guys can hear our "clean tracks" that were recorded simultaneusly while we played that cover:

enjoy :)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Nothing banishes the idea that all young djent kids are spammers quite like bumping your spam thread to post more djent spam. :lol:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
You know what I hate more than the poor, more than illegals and more than idiot liberals? Spammers.

The hierarchy of spammers form best to worst:

1. Awesome power/thrash metal spammers
  2. WTB Spammers
  3. FS spammers
  4. NGD spammers
  5. Pedophile spammers
  6. "Original" music djent spammers
  7. Covers djent spammers

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
LOL @ djent being worse than pedophilia