Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and it's exactly what I expected. :metal: :yesway:

Some of it reminded me more of Tomahawk than of FNM, but other tunes were straight up FNM. Definitely some interesting stuff for FNM. None of it struck me as forced, but it's been 17 years since their last record and it's not like any of their records sound the same from one to another anyway. Nothing struck me as thrown together, either, it sounds like they actually put some work into these songs.

I was over a friend's house who had it, I didn't get to sit with just the record and absorb it and I didn't really want to, I just wanted a taste in the background while we were shooting the shit. 2 songs stuck out enough that I had to go back and actually listen to them....it's going to be hard waiting for this fucking record to come out.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Nice. If it sounds like Tomahawk, i have no complaints. Mit Gas is such a great record... Birdsong and Captain Midnight are absolutely killer tracks.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Captain Midnight" is one of my all time favorites, I go nuts every time I hear that chorus and it's so fucking short!

I've still got one of those songs from last night stuck in my head.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I haven't been a fan of any of the new songs but I will say that when I saw them last Thursday, I did enjoy the new songs they played a bit more played live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts