Metal Guitarist Forums banner

HELMET website reissues "Betty" (digital download)

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  F1Filter 
#1 ·
The download-only release includes the 14 original album tracks plus 5 bonus tracks, all available through the helmetmusic.com website. The additional tracks were originally only available on the 10″ double gatefold LP and 12″ single for "Biscuits for Smut" released by Interscope in 1994.

Here's the extra goods in detail:

1. Flushings
2. Thick
3. Pariah
4. Biscuits for Smut (Pooch Mix)
5. Biscuits for Smut (Mutt Mix)
I thought I heard that Page was trying to get back his catalog from the original labels. Flushings, Thick, and Pariah are worth getting. If you didn't have them as a B-side, they were only available on a fan FTP site. Which were direct rips off the LP's and sounded like crap.

The only complaint I have is, where's the live version of "Sinatra" that was on the Limited Edition? Right now, the only place to find it is on YouTube. Along with the idiotic comments posted about how they ripped off the Deftones :facepalm:

#4 ·
Checked this out. Sounds like it's been remastered, although there isnt any mention of what's been done to the tracks anywhere. :scratch:

Additional tracks are a huge improvement. The previous versions available off the fans FTP were just godawful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.