Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on SSO, but thought I would post it here as well.

I need help putting together my signal chain.

As it stands right now, I am using the Digitech RP1000 going into a Fender Mustang III amp, using the 4CM. I have three pedals: Crybaby From Hell, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, and ISP Decimator.

The first question, and I know this one has been debated so many times its funny, but I'm just looking for opinions and reasons for the opinion, is do I put the Crybaby From Hell before or after the Throttle Box? This one is purely preference, and I will toy around with both. I know the little bit I have tried, going before has a more "traditional" sound, but I got some really weird, but cool sounds going after. But like I said, I know this one will be totally my preference, but I'm just interested in your opinion.

Now the most important question I have, is where do I stick the ISP Decimator. The RP1000 is known to have a shitty noise gate, so I plan on turning that off on all my presets. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say put the wah before the distortion, and the gate in the loop after the RP1000, unless you can 4-cable it to be both in the loop and as the first thing in your chain.
This is the first ISP Decimator, so it has only 1 in and 1 out.

By in the loop after the rp1000, do you mean go from the Send (To Amp Input) of the RP1000 to the Decimator then to Amp Input?

·
18,790 Posts
This is the first ISP Decimator, so it has only 1 in and 1 out.

By in the loop after the rp1000, do you mean go from the Send (To Amp Input) of the RP1000 to the Decimator then to Amp Input?
Yep. That method will clean up the most noise. The only problem is it might cut delays/reverbs short, I'm just realizing now. I'd say either put it as the first thing after your guitar or the first thing in your effects loop. Play around with it.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. That method will clean up the most noise. The only problem is it might cut delays/reverbs short, I'm just realizing now. I'd say either put it as the first thing after your guitar or the first thing in your effects loop. Play around with it.
I appreciate the help. Right now I don't use reverbs or delays so that wont be an issue, but I thought with the 4CM that the RP1000 uses all time based effects in the effects loop, after the amp, so even if I put it right before the amp input the delays/reverbs will come after. I may be wrong though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts