Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i need some help choosing a neck wood (or more than one type of wood) for a new neck i am going to have built by my friend Dave Preston.

The body is swap ash, and the top ebony, the pick ups are going to be either a Seven String calibrated PAF Pro set or EVO + LiquiFire (undecided what pups to use in this one yet).

I was planning on going with the usual three piece maple / ebony neck + birds eye maple board, however since the wood choices are all open i was reaching out for idea as to what else might some good with this wood combo :yesway:

Thanks guys :metal:

My main ideas at this time are:

Honduras Rosewood neck with ebony stripes (along the lines of this beauty):

Or this sexy combo (5pc Wenge/Bubinga Neck)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Samer, the neck on Mac is an unfinished mahogany (might be oiled, not sure). If you're coming to Kevan's in Jan, it'll be there for you to try out.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'd go mahogany or indian rosewood myself.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If you want that dark/light striped look, I'd do the Indian Rosewood with maple stringers (perhaps even flame maple.)

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Samer said:
Leon, Kevans is still the weekend on the 20th right?

I am going to be in the middle east that week for work :(
The gathering at Kevan's may get pushed back a week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.