• Other

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Noodles

Votes: 7 30.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm putting together a new guitar, piece by piece, starting with the body I just purchased which should be here in a couple of days. I don't want to reveal too many details, yet, but I've got some fun and non-traditional ideas for it :D

First question:

Hipshot Trilogy

OR

Graph Tech GHOST Saddles

(on a traditional-style Tele bridge)
OR

Mystery box! (mystery box represents: you make a suggestion for other Telecaster bridge of your choice, including reason for making suggestion)

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
I say the Trilogy bridge. That way you can change tunings on the fly.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I voted Ghost. The hipshot fucks with the Tele aesthetics too much.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I voted Ghost. The hipshot fucks with the Tele aesthetics too much.
Trust me, fucking with the Tele aesthetics doesn't bother me :lol: The rest of the hardware will be more traditional (electronics especially), but this will be a maple-free zone ;)

My main concerns are:
1) How well does the Trilogy work? Would there be a lot of fine-tuning? Because if there is, I might as well change tunings the old fashioned way :lol: Also I'm not so sure how I'll like the feel of the saddles on it.
2) The GHOST saddles: will they take away too much of the "twang" from the tone?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Parsons b bender

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I wonder if the Trilogy bridge might be compatible with any of the GraphTech saddles...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'd be worried about having space to put my hand for palm muting with the Trilogy. Otherwise I'd vote that.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Also, don't forget both Brian and I are Hipshot dealers. :)

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHM500 AU-OBIGO/Q04C1-1.17_PRE_1 MMP/2.0)

darren said:

Also, don't forget both Brian and I are Hipshot dealers. :)
Oh, don't worry, you'll both be hearing from me soon :D

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After some research, there's a few design flaws on the Trilogy that look like they'd annoy the hell out of me (intonation adjustment requires slackening or removing the string, and is very finnicky), and it sounds like it requires a lot of fine adjustment after switching tunings, which I was worried would be the case.

I think I'll go with a more standard bridge and some piezos, which was my original idea anyways until I saw that :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 38 Posts