Metalguitarist.org banner

41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,732 Posts
If you do want a glorious late 80s one, look for "LAG Rockline", although you are going to have to get it from Europe or Japan. Those have slant neck single routes on most of the HS options, but for the snakeskin, I would let it pass.

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
I just realized you were referring to my thread title. :lol:

I mean "find me a solid one" as in "find me a cool one", or "Do me a solid and throw that Division record in the trash".
I know. I was just being a sarcastic ass. :D

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,732 Posts
Hollow-bodies can shred, if you're mean enough :)

I am 100% behind the bizarre "Clearly Chris didn't mean 'solid' in the sense of 'a good value', rather he was lamenting the overabundance of hollowbody and semi hollow HS guitars" derailment.

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
^ I love his technique but his vibrato sucks half the time. He's either spot on or full bumblebee. Argh.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
See that's where you're wrong. You've got your parties muddled up...

There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincy balls. And the fact that you've got E-II.... Written on the headstock of your guitar... And the fact that I've got E. S. P., Made In Japan, written on the headstock of mine... Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.
:lol:

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I mean, are we just gonna ignore Ola's Solar Guitar H-S options? Anyways, another from the Ibanez lineage would be the 540P-II, better known as the Alex Skolnick model. Outside of that, there's also the Hamer Californian. The older Made in the USA (1st gen) ones are priced over your budget but the Hamer Slammer Korean ones (2nd gen) would be well under. Older Charvel has the 550XL and Kramer has the Pro-Axe.
Solars are MIK or Indonesia aren't they? Not for me.

·
President / RHLC ©
13,828 Posts
Solars are MIK or Indonesia aren't they? Not for me.
Damn. I don't know about others, but I think every company under the sun that makes a H-S with the specs you want are written in this thread. :lol:

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Damn. I don't know about others, but I think every company under the sun that makes a H-S with the specs you want are written in this thread. :lol:
I know, I'm hoping someone will come up with one that I haven't thought of yet. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
23,430 Posts
Honestly anything with a HH or HSH pickguard could be an easy conversion.

Find a sweet USA Charvel and convert it :yesway:

41 - 60 of 150 Posts