Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:idea: I have to replace all of the screws on the EX, and I think it might look rather snazzy if I use black anodized allen head screws for most of it.

Google fails me. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These, basically, but wood screws, and small enough to use for things like the electronics cavity cover/pickup ring mounts, etc.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Get thee to a hardware store? :confused: Try a local place instead of Home Despot, you'll have better luck and find better hardware that won't strip as easily.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen an Allen head wood screw. Not that they don't exist, just... good luck.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been hunting for a few days now, including the HD's and a few M&P's around me. :( There has to be a specialty shop out there that carries 'em!

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
There's a place in Derby,Ct called The Nutty Company.They specialize in all types of screws,nuts,bolts,washers and the like..I'll stop by after work tomorrow as it's sorta on my way home.:yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I've been hunting for a few days now, including the HD's and a few M&P's around me. :( There has to be a specialty shop out there that carries 'em!
I see the more likely scenario that you insert a threaded metal anchor of sorts into the wood, then screw into that with one of the metal screws you posted already.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a place in Derby,Ct called The Nutty Company.They specialize in all types of screws,nuts,bolts,washers and the like..I'll stop by after work tomorrow as it's sorta on my way home.:yesway:
Dude that would be ace! I'll give them a ring tomorrow anyway to save you the trip, but if they do have some and you could shoot some my way, I will definitely do something nice for you in return. :D

(It might be "drew will setup your guitars", but I'll facilitate it!)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see the more likely scenario that you insert a threaded metal anchor of sorts into the wood, then screw into that with one of the metal screws you posted already.
That's actually not a bad idea either.

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
Dude that would be ace! I'll give them a ring tomorrow anyway to save you the trip, but if they do have some and you could shoot some my way, I will definitely do something nice for you in return. :D

(It might be "drew will setup your guitars", but I'll facilitate it!)
Pm me tomorrow and let me know.

If all else fails you could stick with the BF Goodrich theme and use threaded posts and lug nuts:D

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Now that I think about it, I've always had allen keys to hand in an emergency, much easier to find than a screwdriver. :lol:

Nice idea dude, but you're going to regret this. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Nice idea dude, but you're going to regret this. :lol:
No, I'M going to regret this. He's already offering out my services. :(

·
yOu don't waNNa knoW
2 Posts
:idea: I have to replace all of the screws on the EX, and I think it might look rather snazzy if I use black anodized allen head screws for most of it.

Google fails me. :(
Hey dude, I've been looking for the same thing ever since I put an amp in my truck...it came with allen head wood screws for mounting.

That was 3-4 yrs ago.

Anyway, I did another search tonight & stumbled upon this forum.

Basically, I joined to pass this find on to you...unicorn tears DO exist...

Granted, they're not black, but at least they exist.

OK...guess I can't post links till I've been a member for at least 1 day...oh well, I try to remember tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts