Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jdonegan's new swirl thread has reminded me just how much I hate the Crunchlab in my RG7420 and I want to try something new. Right now it's setup CL/LF. Give me Dimarzio suggestions for a bridge pickup to administer the metal. The more facemelting the better. I've already got sevens with an Evolution in mahogany and C-Pig in basswood. Really like both of these tone wise, 707 in mahogany, not so much. I don't mind the Liquifire but I don't use it that often either so that might just stay put.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't tried either one of those. Also curious how the celebrated Blaze sounds in basswood.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Win with the blaze to. I have the DA set in basswood and I keep going back to that guitar there worth a shoot IMO.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Blaze Neck.

Reactions: fathead

·
Registered
325 Posts
Put an Evo7 in my RGS 2127FX (after trying a Duncan Distortion and a Tonezone7),
has pure facemelt all over it in B and A tuning.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blaze Neck.
Neck in the bridge? Kind of eyeballing the Blaze Custom too. I clearly need more 7 strings to put all these in:yesway: More tools for the job is manly :flex:

Put an Evo7 in my RGS 2127FX (after trying a Duncan Distortion and a Tonezone7),
has pure facemelt all over it in B and A tuning.
I love the Evo in mahogany, but looking for something different to try.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
I put the Blaze neck in the bridge of a K7 I had once...it was pretty badass. And it was pretty tight....if you've already got it....give it a shot at some point.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put the Blaze neck in the bridge of a K7 I had once...it was pretty badass. And it was pretty tight....if you've already got it....give it a shot at some point.
Would have never expected that. I'd like to try it at some point. I'm normally in the habit of finding the pickup with the most output and working from there although I'd love to try a Dominion 7.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Kill it? Have you tried fire?

Reactions: fathead

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The MM is the best basswood pickup there is. :yesway:
There is another one I wanted to try. But was trying to make this a quickie button push without too much waiting. What to do what to do. I do love me some Bare Knuckles.

Kill it? Have you tried fire?
I'm still torn between fire or firing range. Probably going to need a video camera and editing advice before this over :D

4,429 Posts
^main reason I primarily switched back to Dimarzio's. Though when I eventually get another RG I'll probably pick up nailbombs again because they worked very well for me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts