Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so I've been using this regular crappy MS mouse for years now and I feel pain in my thumb / fingers / hand after using it for any extended period of time, which is bad for guitar playing :noway: I got the padded mouse pad which helped for awhile but pain still comes back :zombie:

Can any of you recommend a comfy mouse? wired / wireless doesn't matter, as long as it feels good on the thumb and fits nicely.

I was looking at these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NR57BY

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Marathon-Battery-910-001935/dp/B003TG75EG/ref=pd_cp_e_pw_1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0AXAP0DQNQXY1K1WA4B2

Logitech G9X

I was also looking at Razer products but the cheaper ones don't really look worth it or all that comfortable

I'd rather keep to 50 bucks or less but if if it's worth it to save more for better comfort few more features then I guess why not. I used to game pretty hardcore FPS and certain MMO's :ugh: ... but that isn't much of a priority anymore. I just want something comfy and smooth that causes the least amount of stress to my hand. Most notably my index finger gets tired of clicking (probably from my laptop pad too).

Thanks guys :cool:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I have a Logitech G5 it's pretty comfy in my hand. I recommend stopping by your local Best Buy or other PC supply shop and see if they have any hands on models so you can find what you like.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I just got a Logitech G700. Hands down the best mouse I've had. My granda has an MX Revolution too, but they stopped making those IIRC. The G700 is wired AND wireless (ie, will run without a battery in, just needs the charging cable plugged in). The usb receiver is TINY, and actually has a hidey hole next to the battery under the cover if you wanna take it anywhere. I love it.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
No mouse in the world is going to really help with RSI. Stretching, frequent breaks and proper ergonomics are the only "cures" to RSI.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No mouse in the world is going to really help with RSI. Stretching, frequent breaks and proper ergonomics are the only "cures" to RSI.
Yeah I know it won't cure anything, and stretching definitely helps for sure. Just want to find the most comfortable one to minimize further damage!

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Got to head over to Best buy and try out a few soon to see which is best.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I've had the mx510 since it was brand new and have been very happy with it, both for gaming and. well, everything really.

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
Assuming you use the mouse with your right hand... get a keyboard with no numeric keypad. Allows you to bring the mouse closer and not stretch out to the side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts