Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think it's time to replace the worn out/in nut on my Jackson 7 string. I'm trying to find an Official Floyd Rose 7 nut in Gold to replace the current one which has grooves in it and the locking pads have definitely seen better days.

Initially I thought the strings weren't settled but now after a week of playing and constantly retuning it's definitely the nut that's allowing slippage when I use the floyd.

Any ideas - I've tried searching but I get these cheapie LFR 7 nuts not the official ones.

:cheers:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

You tried contacting Floyd and asking them?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

You tried contacting Floyd and asking them?
Yeah contacted them through their website. Let's see the reply.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So got an OFR7 nut in GOLD for $50 bucks shipped. Thank god they had them in stock. So for those who find this thread down the line - just call up OFR7 since they seem to only sell these separately themselves. Otherwise dealers only get them in the complete trem sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts