Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear all,

profuse apologies for rampant pluggage / plea, however my band (talanas) have just been shortlisted to play the main stage at damnation festival this november. it's a hell of a chance that's been thrown our way and would allow us to share the stage with major acts such as paradise lost and dillinger escape plan.

it's currently down to a vote, with no registration is required to do so. you can apparently vote once every 24 hours and the poll is open until september 30th over at Damnation Festival 2010 - Official Website

i absolutely understand that this quite a bit of a liberty i'm asking, but if you have a moment i would be extremely grateful, it would make a big difference to our future work.

many thanks,

H

-----------------------------------

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Voted. More than once. ;)

(If you use different browsers, or use "private browsing" mode, it doesn't tag you with a cookie, so you can vote more than once... not that i condone vote scamming...)

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Multiple votes alraedy cast, and will start hassling other people to do likewise...:metal:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it's REALLY cool to have this much support.

if you're ok to do it still, the gap does keep threatening to close though and the second place people are pretty damn active today. you can apparently vote twice on the page by hitting 'view results' on the Damnation Festival 2010 - Official Website page, and then you're also apparently able to vote again using a different browser. going by how the votes have been jumping ahead in both bands' cases, this looks to be the method most are using.

getting this slot would make a HUGE difference for us. we weren't actually planning on gigging this year at all since we're writing and then recording the album.

thanks again.

H

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I think they've fixed the voting-over-and-over-once-a-day thing. I go to the page, and I see that I've already cast a vote :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.