Where?!
2,632 Posts
Arrrrrrgh, fucksticks!!!!

This got my morning off to a frustrating start...:noplease:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Honestly if you're going to do something like this voting through a web poll you should have somebody that knows what they're doing design the poll so it can't be scammed with 5 minutes of work :lol:
agreed, but as ewan (liquidcow) my guitarist had pointed out the official voting page is set up for a totally inconsequential, humorous site with votes like "should bart simpson be yellow?" etc. it's not meant to handle such heavy traffic and opinions.

the sad thing is that the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine's band when the same poll was put up for another stage at the same festival the other week (as in, a million votes ammassing over a short space of time) and nobody complained loud enough for there to be an inquest. i'm by no means defending the incredibly skewed voting system that was in place, but i'm narked that now the whole thing has been thrown out the window a LOT of blame is being thrown in bad directions.

basically the entire subject has descended into a "no, THEY did it first" he said / she said mire which we're very pointedly not wanting any part of. the bugger though is that it appears to have brushed off onto the festival organisers. i prefer to maintain a professional silence over forum-lead attrition but you do start to wonder at what point one should (as a manager) step in to give the official line from your side.

H

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.