Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the model of this Charvel? Also could someone help me find the specs for it? I don't really know much about Charvel so anything would help haha

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Dunno but it looks purrrty

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is most definitely a Charvel 375 Deluxe its the ONLY Charvel i know of made with 24 fret dot inlays and Hum single single config with the lipstick logo. Its one of the Classic Series that ran from 89' to around to 94'

If yours has the Schaller Floyd on it then its the 375 DLX, if its a no name its a 275, but its definitely of that "series" of guitars from the early 90s

Edit:
See Below: Its acutally a Fusion Custom (easily confused the 2 cause there was only one feature different. The number of frets)

·
Registered
109 Posts
1988 Charvel 450 with the toothpaste logo. But i cant find anything on the 450
Thats cause you are thinking 475 ;)

But its not a 475 cause those had Sharkfin inlay and Flame Maple tops

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have figured out that it is indeed a 1989-1991 Charvel Fusion Custom with a candy red paint job. After i looked at the picture more closely can tell it has the rails and the schaller floyd

Charvel Fusion Custom
I: 1989
D: 1991
Specs:
Made in Japan
Pickups - Jackson J85 Humbucker with two Jackson J200R railed single coils
Controls - Volume, Tone, 5-way blade switch
Tremolo - JT590 Schaller
Body - Basswood
Neck - Maple
Fretboard - Rosewood

I actually found this guitar on craigslist and im going to see if i can trade my LTD Viper 301 for it if its in good condition. Im waiting for the response so hopefully he is interesed ^_^

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes. That's definitely a Fusion Custom. That looks exactly like the one I had. That was my first really nice guitar. I loved it so much but I had to sell it to afford to buy my first 7 string (7620).

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This is most definitely a Charvel 375 Deluxe its the ONLY Charvel i know of made with 24 fret dot inlays and Hum single single config with the lipstick logo. Its one of the Classic Series that ran from 89' to around to 94'

If yours has the Schaller Floyd on it then its the 375 DLX, if its a no name its a 275, but its definitely of that "series" of guitars from the early 90s

Edit:
See Below: Its acutally a Fusion Custom (easily confused the 2 cause there was only one feature different. The number of frets)
Holy shit, we've got another Jackson nerd on the forums. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
BTW what is "Custom 7 String"?

PICS NAO

·
Registered
109 Posts
Holy shit, we've got another Jackson nerd on the forums. :lol:
No not at all actually. Just know how to use Google optimally :)

I am actually an Ibanez nerd. Was a collector for almost 10 years.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Funny, I knew instantly that was a Fusion Custom, since I've only seen, like, 3 - whereas I've owned a few 375s. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Charvel Fusions are some of the best values in the Jackson/Charvel world right now, since they all have the good Schaller trem and the build quality is first-rate, but rarely go for over $300. If they didn't all have those thin necks, I'd be all over them.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Charvel Fusions are some of the best values in the Jackson/Charvel world right now, since they all have the good Schaller trem and the build quality is first-rate, but rarely go for over $300. If they didn't all have those thin necks, I'd be all over them.
You're going to have to change your name over on the JCF!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts