Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is what I traded the CT for. It's not in "mint" condition, but pretty damn good for a 90'. Doesn't matter, I just can't believe how great this thing plays. Now I know what all the fuss is about over early square heel Uni's.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
That guitar is awesome! Does it just not play too well? It has been whored around a ton, and it looks awesome, so I imagine that the only reason for that is that it doesn't have that magic feel to it.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That guitar is awesome! Does it just not play too well? It has been whored around a ton, and it looks awesome, so I imagine that the only reason for that is that it doesn't have that magic feel to it.
If you're talking about the RG7-EW (sexxxiverse), then I have no idea why it's been passed around so much. I absolutely love playing the thing. I will say though that I would suspect that maybe some didn't take to the neck so well. I mean, I love it, it's a fat neck, not an Ibby clone by any means. But it's a comfortable fat neck. THE ONLY problem I see with the guitar is that the volute has been placed in the wrong spot. It's not a huge deal but it tappers too much into the first fret. Aside from that, it's a monster and I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon....

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn dude, do you know if that's the same one that Steve owned a while back? His was dead mint too.

Score! :metal:
Not sure Chris. It does have some "******" in the armor that you can't see in the pics so it's not perfect by any means. It does have the lo-pro so I believe it's a transitional 1990 Uni. I'm debating restoring the thing completely since the hardware is pretty much perfect. All it would need is new paint/clear. The neck is perfect....

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Not sure Chris. It does have some "******" in the armor that you can't see in the pics so it's not perfect by any means. It does have the lo-pro so I believe it's a transitional 1990 Uni. I'm debating restoring the thing completely since the hardware is pretty much perfect. All it would need is new paint/clear. The neck is perfect....
I'll show Steve this thread - he most definitely has pics of his and should have the serial #. I'd swear that's his exact guitar. :yesway:

Edit: And I'm with Donnie. One of the reason that I sold both of my UV777BK's was that they didn't have the same magic neck joint that those do. Drew's road-warrior PWH is one of the most comfy guitars I've ever played.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Refinish it pink?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be more of a "ATTN Drew: I haz your guitar"?

EDIT: Tim, is that the infamous Sexxoooverse in the background?
:lol: Mine is beat to fuck, but I sort of like it that way. :wub:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.