Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without really knowing a whole hell of a lot about investing, or taking the time really to read any of these threads (don't let that dissuade you, just being honest.)...

If you had ten grand to invest in something right now (not assuming that you don't, just hypothetically) what would you put it in?

I know that is probably multi-faceted, am I looking for high yield, or low risk, etc. But I mean you personally, right now. What would you do with it? (Drew)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'd put it in a two-year CD, and continue to spend the next year or so improving my credit. Then, when the CD is up, buy a house :yesway:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Honestly right now I'd just sit on it, maybe find a higher yield savings account or money market. There is so much uncertainty in the market right now that I'd be hesitant to really throw it around much.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Pay off bills, use the rest to put a down payment on a new vehicle (in dire need right now). If there's anything left after that, I'd then spend it on personal items but I won't plan on anything being leftover.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:agreed:

And all of the software on my machine I purchased.
must have missed the inside joke. and i can honestly say i didn't pay for ANY of the software on my machine, including the os, cs4, ableton 8, tractor, resolume 2.3, camtasia, gp5. probably forgetting something. and that's just on my laptop.

·
18,790 Posts
must have missed the inside joke. and i can honestly say i didn't pay for ANY of the software on my machine, including the os, cs4, ableton 8, tractor, resolume 2.3, camtasia, gp5. probably forgetting something. and that's just on my laptop.
:noway: It's a shame you hate all those programs, some of those are very useful.

Especially Ableton. Can you believe those bastards actually give out free updates to the latest version for registered users?

Assholes.

Thank god you're doing your part to run them out of business :yesway:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts