Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lengthy interview, I'm only about halfway through, got it on in the background while I work, but it's been fun and interesting so far (who knew Hetfield was a fucking bee-keeping expert!?)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I wish I could listen to this, but Joe Rogan is such a complete douche canoe that I really don't want to.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Vail is where all the rich fucktards from California move to.

Seriously, if you want to see a bunch of people with more money than sense, just go to Vail.

Not to hate on James or nothing, but yeesh... That's the last place on earth I would go to get away from people. It's pretty an all but there are much better places in Colorado.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Not looking to make this whole thing into complaining about Joe Rogan, but I'll echo the sentiment. My day job involves video production, and one thing that absolutely gets under my skin is when someone is a host and they spend 1/2 the time either talking over their guest, or insisting on how smart they are, or being overly generous with the expectation of their guest returning the courtesy. Joe Rogan injects to much of himself, his personality, his thoughts, etc. into his interviews and really his coverage overall. Shut up and let the guy talk, your questions don't need to be more than 5 seconds long.

I watched about 10 minutes or so, and what I got was pretty much what I always figured, which is that James is a really cool, normal fuckin' dude.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't really say I was very familiar with Rogan going into this, I've seen 2-5 minute clips of other interviews, but nothing to base an opinion on. I kinda see why he gets a lot of hate. It's not the classic interview format really. It's more that he's inviting someone in for a conversation, which goes both ways. So he has no specific questions, not interested in anything they're promoting, it's just a chat. I sort of like that. It's a bit more honest, and you get to see a side of the person you otherwise wouldn't if it were a typical promo-tour interview.

He does get kinda douchy when they start talking about fitness though :lol: And a few times he did the thing I can't stand in interviews - asks a question, and then interrupts their answer.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I couldn't really say I was very familiar with Rogan going into this, I've seen 2-5 minute clips of other interviews, but nothing to base an opinion on. I kinda see why he gets a lot of hate. It's not the classic interview format really. It's more that he's inviting someone in for a conversation, which goes both ways. So he has no specific questions, not interested in anything they're promoting, it's just a chat. I sort of like that. It's a bit more honest, and you get to see a side of the person you otherwise wouldn't if it were a typical promo-tour interview.

He does get kinda douchy when they start talking about fitness though :lol: And a few times he did the thing I can't stand in interviews - asks a question, and then interrupts their answer.
^^ this.

Rogan is a comic and a color commentator. I looked at this as more of a conversation than an interview.

And Rogan is a little douchy about things he's passionate about... so fitness, yeah. I can see that. I listened to about half the thing last night. I'll probably run into that segment tonight.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
I can echo the last few comments.. I think Rogan can be a bit douchey at times and see how he rubs people the wrong way, but, also think he makes brilliant points at other times as well.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I have NO idea who Joe Rogan is. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Two things I have zero interest in. :lol:

Anyway, the only person who gets to describe his project as an "Experience" is Jimi Hendrix. Anyone else, you're a tool.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Joe Rogan was a long time commentator for UFC pay per views.

At first I was puzzled as to why he did it but it turns out he trains in Brazillian Jui Jitsu and is quite knowledgeable.

I get why people might find him annoying but I don't mind him.

I think due to his background as a stand up comic his natural state is to entertain and bring attention to himself. It helps if you find the topic of discussion or person he is interviewing interesting. Otherwise, it would be hard to watch. That said he is much better than the guy people labelled as awkward in the thread about Meshugah's rig rundown.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I watched Fear Factor as a kid, and I've always hated Joe Rogan.

It's almost like he wasn't born, he was grown in a tank by scientists splicing all the worst aspects of fratboys.

He's the ultimate bro, just a purveyor of low hanging "Politically incorrect"/"insensitive, tells it like it is" stream of consciousness humor for the "injects steroids in my dick for maximum gains" crowd.

The fact that he didn't fade into obscurity after Fear Factor is pretty much definitive proof that there is no god. He was a product of the same era as nu metal, look at his retarded bug eyed face and tell me he's not the human equivalent of a Greatest Hits album by Disturbed. We should all just disown the notion that he has anything funny to say or is relevant at all.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I watched Fear Factor as a kid, and I've always hated Joe Rogan.

It's almost like he wasn't born, he was grown in a tank by scientists splicing all the worst aspects of fratboys.

He's the ultimate bro, just a purveyor of low hanging "Politically incorrect"/"insensitive, tells it like it is" stream of consciousness humor for the "injects steroids in my dick for maximum gains" crowd.

The fact that he didn't fade into obscurity after Fear Factor is pretty much definitive proof that there is no god. He was a product of the same era as nu metal, look at his retarded bug eyed face and tell me he's not the human equivalent of a Greatest Hits album by Disturbed. We should all just disown the notion that he has anything funny to say or is relevant at all.
Pretty much the most truthful thing ever said about Joe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts