Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adobe Flash Player 10.1. :fawk:

I'm sure that those of us with Android phones who chose to hack in a copy of Froyo in advance had it already as well, but I waited patiently and Adobe has delivered.

This is after waiting an entire contract cycle as an original iPhone 2G customer and being promised Flash right from the get-go, and then 9 months for Android to finally get it implemented.

Which site should I visit first? :D

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Do you have the ability to have Flash disabled by default, and then enable it on the fly when you want it for a particular page?

Because unless there is an app you can download that will block ads, I would not want flash active all the time on my phone's browser.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Do you have the ability to have Flash disabled by default, and then enable it on the fly when you want it for a particular page?

Because unless there is an app you can download that will block ads, I would not want flash active all the time on my phone's browser.
There is an option, thus far it's always been on-demand for whatever rom I install.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Adobe Flash Player 10.1. :fawk:

I'm sure that those of us with Android phones who chose to hack in a copy of Froyo in advance had it already as well, but I waited patiently and Adobe has delivered.

This is after waiting an entire contract cycle as an original iPhone 2G customer and being promised Flash right from the get-go, and then 9 months for Android to finally get it implemented.

Which site should I visit first? :D
Guess what? My Droid will have it, and I won't care!! Because I hate Flash. It can eat shit and die a painful death.

I like my Droid. I'm obviously an Apple fan, but I do like the Droid. However I'm not missing Flash on it, nor do I miss it on my iPod touch or my iPad. I don't miss it on my Macs, Windows, or Linux PC's either, where I have it blocked in NoScript.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess what? My Droid will have it, and I won't care!! Because I hate Flash. It can eat shit and die a painful death.

I like my Droid. I'm obviously an Apple fan, but I do like the Droid. However I'm not missing Flash on it, nor do I miss it on my iPod touch or my iPad. I don't miss it on my Macs, Windows, or Linux PC's either, where I have it blocked in NoScript.
I'll admit there are like three places where I've always wished I'd have it. And BTW, it's an optional install, so... just faggeddaboudit. :agreed:

Still, this is like a mega-belated Xmas present, so I'm enjoying it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I'll admit there are like three places where I've always wished I'd have it. And BTW, it's an optional install, so... just faggeddaboudit. :agreed:

Still, this is like a mega-belated Xmas present, so I'm enjoying it.
I'm obviously a bad example when it comes to Flash, since I'm a tinfoil hat-wearing paranoid, but I do hate it. Honestly, I'm just happy to have 2.2 in general, rather than Flash specifically. Since I've got the 2.2 update I'm a relatively happy camper. Until the iPhone comes out on Verizon, at which point I'll be even happier. ;)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How the hell did you get it? I'm running 2.2 now, but no flash update... I just checked m.flash.com again too, and still nothing. :wallbash:
There is a new 2.2 update that was released almost exclusively to offer Flash compatibility. Try "Check for Updates" on your phone settings. I'm assuming you're running a Droid or Nexus One.

The notification I got basically said "Hooray! Flash! Install this update, then make sure to download Flash from the Market." It should be the top app under free apps. :yesway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
There is a new 2.2 update that was released almost exclusively to offer Flash compatibility. Try "Check for Updates" on your phone settings. I'm assuming you're running a Droid or Nexus One.

The notification I got basically said "Hooray! Flash! Install this update, then make sure to download Flash from the Market." It should be the top app under free apps. :yesway:
I am running the Motorola Droid, I already checked for updates too. :squint:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am running the Motorola Droid, I already checked for updates too. :squint:
It knows who you are. :tinfoil:

Verizon has a policy of metering out updates usually, so your lottery number hasn't come up yet. I would expect it by the end of the week. At some point they become open, so try checking again tonight or tomorrow. You'll live until then. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts