Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cute, but crazy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finding some more forums to post on in hopes of meeting new, cool people to chat about cars, bars, and guitars with. That and most anything else that strikes my fancy. (in the appropriate places of course)

My name is Adam and I live in Lancaster, Ca (right at the northern border of Los Angeles County) I play rhythm guitar, write songs for, and gig with my metal band Sociopath. It's a mixture of different kinds of music (thrash/death/grind/southern metal/jazz/prog) but thrash and death metal are the most predominant influences in it.
I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now and I've been playing shows/doing gigs for about the last 3-4 years. Never opened for any big name bands, but I've gotten to meet/hang out with some cool famous musicians (like the guitarists for Darkane and I spent about 4 hours hanging out with Terrance Hobbs and Frank Mullen of Suffocation. I also got to chat it up with Bill Robinson who is the vocalist of Decrepit Birth)
I've spent about 2 1/2 years taking music performance courses as a way to stay proactive in the local music scene and make connections.

As for other stuff, I'm about to turn 25. Even though music is such a dominant factor in my life, (since I never shut up about it) I still have a lot of love for computer games (I love shooters, driving games and RTS games like Command and Conquer) and video games in general. Also, despite not having a license, I still love cars and I can appreciate the sexiness of them. I'm also a fan of beer and my say regarding those is this:
"What's my fav. beer? An open one." ;)

I better stop now before I make an essay out of this. :lol: Look at my page if you wanna see my rig and message me if you wanna know more about me. I'm an open, honest dude that will tell it to you straight.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

:welcome:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Man, that AT-100 combo has got to be hell to haul to gigs. The heads themselves weigh a ton, I can't imagine adding two speakers and more cabinet to that!

·
Cute, but crazy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Man, that AT-100 combo has got to be hell to haul to gigs. The heads themselves weigh a ton, I can't imagine adding two speakers and more cabinet to that!
You have no idea man.....
I have an earlier generation version of that combo (long story on why I don't just have B-52 fix it), which means it's prone to overheat due to that enormous power transformer behind the power tubes. I had to rig in a small oscillating fan to keep the amp cool, but added another 5lbs to it. And my peavey windsor cab isn't exactly light either. But I like the tone I get from it, considering I'm normally too broke to ever get a real mesa recto.

But I generally let my lead guitarist use my AT-212 (he doesn't have an amp head at the moment) and I run through my B-52 LS-100 which I got as a cheap back up amp....

One of these days I'll hit up Eurotubes and re-tube the hell out of it (most everything in it is stock, except for the JJ ECC83 I put in V1 of the preamp)

And thanks for the welcome everyone. :D :metal:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts