Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yeah, I saw it. It's a great guitar, but I'm not sure I'd get one because it's not different enough from my JS2000.

Had they:

1. stuck with Alder, like the prototype Satch has
  2. put a white headstock on it

It would have been enormously tempting. I miss having at least one trem equipped guitar, and the H-S with 24 frets is fucking sweet as well.

That and Ibanez has become serious frickin' expensive. I think my wife paid $1100 for my 2000 back in 2002. The 2400 is nearly double that!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

playstopause said:
It's been out for a while, no?
Its new for 2010, so its relatively new.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I saw it. It's a great guitar, but I'm not sure I'd get one because it's not different enough from my JS2000.

Had they:

It would have been enormously tempting. I miss having at least one trem equipped guitar, and the H-S with 24 frets is fucking sweet as well.

That and Ibanez has become serious frickin' expensive. I think my wife paid $1100 for my 2000 back in 2002. The 2400 is nearly double that!
Nearly double? :eek: That is damn near custom territory. :nuts:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Oh, i know the Vai acoustics have been around for ages. I hadn't heard a thing about the Satch acoustics, though.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Jason said:

Had they:

Nearly double? :eek: That is damn near custom territory. :nuts:
Yeah, you could do a fully loaded Carvin for that, or a decked put Warmoth, or perhaps catch a KXK sale which seems to happen semi-frequently.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
looks like this is one of those bad boys

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Really odd that they didn't make the headstock on that white. I thought Joe was getting with the program when the JS1200 had a matching headstock. And then the JS1600 had a bare headstock – which seems to be his thing with all the JSes with mahogany bodies – but it looks awful with the silver body. :erk:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The orange one (as seen here) is the prototype.
yeah, alder as it says in the tour of his rig. I don't have a problem with basswood obviously, since my main guitar is basswood, as is my MIDI guitar. But I'm a fan of variety. I've got two basswood guitars, a mahogany S series, a Korina PRS SE, and a mahogany baritone. There are really only three more guitars I would like; an alder strat of some sort, a Warmoth baritone strat, and a neckthrough either in mahogany or alder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts