Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just a quick hello and a little about myself....

An aging rocker of 45 years old... started playing rock and metal only 5 years ago, after a long history of playing jazz trumpet! Yes I just confessed to that :D

Addicted to shredding... playing metal is my "therapy" after a long day in the office.

Looking forward to being a member.

Monty

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Welcome! The old guard will be glad to have you here!

Jazz trumpet, eh? Small change of genre there :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jazz trumpet, eh? Small change of genre there :D
Yeah my parents were into jazz piano and I played brass for more years than I care to remember. The great thing is I had no problems with music theory when starting the guitar.

Always been a closet metal fan - even sneaked out to see some early Anthrax after playing a recital in a local church.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

:welcome:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts

Metal guitar and brass instruments aren't so weird, I spent 10 years in a brass band, have played in big bands and full orchestra's, have grade 8 cornet and own a late 1979/early 1980 Vincent Bach Stradivarius trumpet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Metal guitar and brass instruments aren't so weird, I spent 10 years in a brass band, have played in big bands and full orchestra's, have grade 8 cornet and own a late 1979/early 1980 Vincent Bach Stradivarius trumpet.
Ah I too.... started in a brass band and had a B&H Sovereign (Large Bore) and also reached grade 8.

Glad to hear brass and metal guitar aren't so weird :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.