Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. My name is Trevor and I enjoy eclectic music. I play and Ibanez RGA121 with the violin finish, very sharp. I have a few musical projects, my own which is a sort of black/post/prog/etc./etc. project consisting of myself. That is the most near and dear to me. The other is a sort of Doom/Folk/Ambient group that is very new and we're working on material, though I do not write much for that.

Anyways, I enjoy soulful lead playing along the likes of David Gilmour, Andy Latimer, Robert Fripp, and Roger Trigaux. Most shred bores me to death, as well as most Death Metal. Hope I don't come off as pretentious!

Cheers,
Trevor

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice though. I enjoy that look. It's just my first electric that I ever bought, so I'm pretty apprehensive about putting mods on it.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Nope, but I changed my electrics when I installed the Bareknuckles.

When you say loose, do you mean it seems to rotate further than it should, or that it turns really really easily?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Further than it should. It actually fell off and I just jammed it back on. It also makes that clicking noise when it goes to far, the knob not the guitar.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Ah! There is a small grommet on the side of the knob that needs to be tightened with a small flat-headed screw. When tight it presses the knob against the shaft and prevents it from falling off or spinning. The clicking is the screw sliding over the knurled shaft of the pot:

Mine used to do that all the time, it's pretty annoying.

See the screw on the left knob here? That's what you are aiming for.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Sometimes the lower-end models have dome knobs that are a thin metal shell over top of a press-on plastic core. The original knobs on my Agile Intrepid were like that.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Sometimes the lower-end models have dome knobs that are a thin metal shell over top of a press-on plastic core. The original knobs on my Agile Intrepid were like that.
RGA121's are Prestige guitars, man. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
RGA121's are Prestige guitars, man. :lol:
To be fair, Ibanez has been known to use cheaper hardware in the past :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the guitar is really solid and takes punishment very well. It's an all around great guitar and I would recommend it to someone that likes Ibanez. I can also attest that my low end Ibanez is a crappy thing, but it is very durable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.