Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Antoine Dufore is the shit. I dig the hell out of "Reality".

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Love that venetian cutaway. And Antoine. Even though he's French-Canadien.

EDIT: At 0:48, is he doing the old Les Paul set-neck trick where you bend the guitar to flatten the notes? I've never seen someone press on an acoustic top to whammy before!

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Wow. That was cool. I'm loving the sound of that guitar.

Love that venetian cutaway. And Antoine. Even though he's French-Canadien.

EDIT: At 0:48, is he doing the old Les Paul set-neck trick where you bend the guitar to flatten the notes? I've never seen someone press on an acoustic top to whammy before!
Yeah. It's fairly subtle in this video. There's a cover of little wing by Monte Montgomery it's much more pronounced.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Chris said:
How in the holy hell do I get my acoustic to sound like that.
Buy a nice one that isn't plastic, and stick a nice 2-piece pickup in it , like a bband or Taylor expression

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That sounded infinitely more snobby than it was intended to :lol:

point is, if it's an ibanez, you don't :lol:

I like ibanez as much as the next guy, but their acoustics sound like plastic boxes lol

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Buy a nice one that isn't plastic, and stick a nice 2-piece pickup in it , like a bband or Taylor expression
:agreed: My Seymour Duncan Mag-Mic isn't half bad. I just wish there were separate volumes for the mag and mic halves of it, or a proper blend control. As it is, the mag half is always on, there's a master volume, and a mic volume to blend the mic in with the mag.

Still, sounds pretty decent:
SoundClick artist: Eleven59 - Heavy, acoustic, electronic, melodic, punky, emo, alternative.

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
^ sounds good to me, I would probably EQ a bit to see if I could clear it up a bit, but it sounds good as is. The stereo parts = :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ sounds good to me, I would probably EQ a bit to see if I could clear it up a bit, but it sounds good as is. The stereo parts = :yesway:
Yeah, definitely, that's completely flat and unprocessed, no compression or EQ at all. I believe I have a certain Mr. Falbo to thank for the recommendation of that pickup, worked out to be exactly what I wanted :yesway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts