Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy...

'Twilight' Writer Melissa Rosenberg In Negotiations For 'Highlander' Remake MTV Movies Blog

Some time has passed since the last "Highlander" remake update. Over a year, in fact - last we'd heard, "Fast Five" director Justin Lin was attached to direct with Neal Moritz producing for Summit Entertainment. "Iron Man" screenwriters Art Marcum and Matt Holloway were working on the script.

But as the old "Highlander" adage goes, there can be only one… and as of right now, it's neither Marcum nor Holloway who will be writing the screenplay.

Instead of sticking with the "Iron Man" duo, the "Highlander" screenwriting gig is staying in the Summit family. Heat Vision reports that "Twilight" writer Melissa Rosenberg is in negotiations for the remake, with Moritz and Lin both still attached to the project and Peter Davis also on board as a producer.

Your reaction to the news is going to vary depending on your stance on the "Twilight" franchise and your investment in the "Highlander" series. Diehard "Highlander" fans who aren't wild about "Twilight" probably aren't going to dig this development, while "Twilight" lovers might want to start looking into "Highlander" - attractive immortal swordsmen with impossibly long hair and irresistible Scottish accents? How do you say no to that?

Oh boy. The only thing these guys have gotten right have been the first movie, and casting Adrian Paul for the TV show. Such a genius premise and story with so many possibilities, and they cannot get this thing right. This will end badly, or it will just be bad and never end like the string of films after the first one :lol:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
To be fair, the Twilight people did about as best as could be expected given the source material. As they say, you can't polish a turd. I for one will reserve judgement until we see something more.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
The first Highlander movie is the only one that didn't suck. Highlander 2 is the worst movie Sean Connery has ever been in. Hands down.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
To be fair, the Twilight people did about as best as could be expected given the source material. As they say, you can't polish a turd. I for one will reserve judgement until we see something more.
Ehh....you got a point. Perhaps I'll reserve judgment. Just not hopeful.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
This was doomed to failure the moment it was conceived. The absolute flop the last 2 movies were should've told them to leave it alone.

All this says is that they want to draw in the same crowd Twilight does, and hopefully build a following big enough to support sequels. No other reason to remake this.

The original leaked script had firearm use by the immortals, so that "The Game" had no rules. Shoot someone, take their head, move on. Tell me that's not going to blow.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The first Highlander was pure gold. The second one was pure shit. The rest (especially the series) were actually pretty alright... nothing great, but okay.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I know what it should be called...

Twilander: The Immortal Highlights

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The first Highlander movie is the only one that didn't suck. Highlander 2 is the worst movie Sean Connery has ever been in. Hands down.
False.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I disagree. Zardoz is WAYYYYYY better than Highlander 2. Zardoz is stupid, but highly entertaining. Highlander 2 is bad in pretty much every way imaginable. With Zardoz, you're like "Am I REALLY seeing this?" With Highlander 2, it's more like "Damn this is boring.... and bad... and horrible... and stuff."

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Oh boy. The only thing these guys have gotten right have been the first movie, and casting Adrian Paul for the TV show. Such a genius premise and story with so many possibilities, and they cannot get this thing right. This will end badly, or it will just be bad and never end like the string of films after the first one :lol:
The series was fucking awesome, especially when Roger Daltry was on it. My parents were actually WAY into the series (though I think my mom mostly liked it due to the eye candy :lol:) and they've got all seasons on VHS and DVD.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
What ever happened to Christopher Lambert? He kicked ass in Highlander and the original Mortal Kombat then seems like he did absolutely NOTHING.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts