Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They fit! :yesway:

Ignore the strings/wires still in from the old stuff - I have to run out and grab some pickup rings, and wanted to make sure they actually fit in the guitar before I started taking it apart.

All 6 wires on these are soldered somewhere crazy, so this may take me a while. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I definitely can't wait to hear about these. I am really thinking about grabbing some BKP's for a project or two around here.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is some crazy ass wiring. :eek: It's 2 vol/2 tone with two taps and a 3-way. Unlike the Jackson (two easy wires + a ground) all of these go somewhere that makes my brain hurt, so I'm gonna need to take some pics and notes as I go. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
No thanks. I'm just gonna be dealing with a 1 vol, 1 tone, 5 way blade.

That should keep you busy enough to keep thoughts of Lindsay far from your mind.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww yeah. :yesway: The poles do line up, that's just an oddball camera angle.

(Pardon shitty iPhone pic)

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Damn now I see why some got these confused with the Rio Grandes. :lol: They do look about the same. I know they are in different wood but would really like to see and/or hear a comparison of these vs the Rios because I'm really interested in both and Rio's are cheaper. :lol:

They do look very nice in that guitar. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slightly better pic, same angle on the poles. Photographing a shiny black guitar with chrome pickups is impossible straight on, because all you see is the reflection of everything in the room. :lol:

I'm stretching in fresh strings, with a fresh Axe-FX with fresh patches, so it's hard to get a first impression yet. They're very full sounding, and have a lot more bottom end than the stock Carvin pickups did. (I liked the stock pickups, too).

Nice and clear, very articulate - will beat on them tonight/tomorrow and get some A/B clips up with some of the various other pickups I have. :yesway: They certainly look fucking awesome, anyway. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn now I see why some got these confused with the Rio Grandes. :lol: They do look about the same. I know they are in different wood but would really like to see and/or hear a comparison of these vs the Rios because I'm really interested in both and Rio's are cheaper. :lol:

They do look very nice in that guitar. :yesway:
Yeah, no harm no foul, I threw that up there and didn't think that I was posting a pic of pickups that look exactly like the BKPs. :lol:

The Carvin is a totally different beast than the Jackson, and both sound pretty damn good. I like the Rio's quite a bit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts