Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhibit A:

That is Mr. George Lynch, the roudness star and myself. :metal:

and the dude in the back is Kelly Gray. He played for Queensryche a while back.

Anyway... yeah. Saw the Lynch Mob tonight. Super awesome bunch of guys. And to meet Mr. Lynch!?!?! Mega. Fucking. Cool! The whole band was super cool. And the whole band took turns playing the star. :lol: They all really liked it. :D

But... on top of it all... I was sitting there talking to their drummer and I mentioned that my 2 biggest influences were George Lynch and Chris Holmes(formerly of W.A.S.P.). He was all, "I think I have Chris' phone number here"... long story short... I also ended up talking to Chris Holmes on the phone for about 10 minutes. :lol: Fuck yeah. :metal:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

fucking sick! Did you try to steal lynch's vibrato?

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't remember what shirt it was. I think it was from some album after Painkiller. There was a lot of beer flowing back there. :lol:
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

:lol: Nope. But he did have a wicked M1 Tiger with a weird headstock that I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo want right about now. :D

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
That's so awesome Donny! I met George before at club here in Toronto, super nice guy, helped him haul his 4x12 up a long flight of stairs...and that's a double bonus you got to talk to Chris Holmes on top of it! :metal:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's very cool. I have to say that George is probably my biggest influence as well, both rhythmically and with trying to find those "exotic" notes in his soloing.

George had to carry his own 4x12 up stairs?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Fuck yes, man! Lynch is a HUGE influence on me, his phrasing is spectacular! :D

I met him briefly at a clicic years ago, right around the time I joined the site (I remember Chris being a bit pissed he found out about it the day AFTER it happened, from his own site). I remember he had HUGE forearms, seemed like a genuinely nice, polite guy, and seemed a little down that music had kind of moved on and guys were being influenced by dudes who couldn't solo to save their life. I hope he's seeing how that's gradually beginning to change. :D

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

DonBot said:
I can't remember what shirt it was. I think it was from some album after Painkiller. There was a lot of beer flowing back there. :lol:

:lol: Nope. But he did have a wicked M1 Tiger with a weird headstock that I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo want right about now. :D
His original Bengal is the single heaviest guitar I've ever played at 13.95 pounds :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
That is quite badass. :metal:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts