Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There had been a few rumours going around but it looks like positive grid finally made a bias amp head! 600 watts solid state by the looks of it.

Could be pretty cool if priced right

Edit. If this does the tone matching stuff it could almost be a near kemper alternative

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I think I'd still rather road head.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Wow, that is pretty ugly :lol: Not enough info to really be able to tell if this will be cool or not honestly. PG has put out some great tools though. Will be interested to see how they price it. Not that I'll buy it or anything :lol: But always interested in what is new and exciting.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I don't give a crap about this, but I like PG because they don't seem as djent-spammy as the rest of the lot. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
It'll probably ship in 2017.
I remember being excited and signing up for the BT-4 Footswitch, 2 years later they are taking pre-orders for a discount. Don't get me wrong I like their software but for a hardware company there is nothing to show except an adaptor. Happy to admit I'm wrong.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I played BIAS Desktop for a couple hours today, and damn, it sounds REALLY good. Kinda makes me curious about this amp, however sweet Baby Jesus, wtf am I going to do with a 600w head? They really should have done it in a floorboard or preamp style, no power. Let people choose what they want to do.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Solid state power < tube power bro
Yup, this thing will basically sound the same at all volumes.

Unless you're using a low-power guitar cab, then speaker breakup will start to be a factor.

It's something I wish all high-powered SS amps had, to be honest. A really, really beefy power section like this and the Kemper Powerhead have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts