Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek: I don't consider my playing as amazing or anything like that and I'd never ever would have dreamed to have somebody do a cover of a solo I wrote. So I'm the last person in the world to expect this. But damn!

:bowdown:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dude that is soooo awesome, that means this guy likes your stuff, puts a huge effort into recording himself and putting the video on youtube. That's a great accomplishment for you right there. And NO I'm not being sarcastic.

Congrats man! Happy for you!
and to boot the solo was awesome!
It gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see people having a go at my stuff - I know exactly how you feel, man. It's very flattering! :)
Wow thanks guys! It's really gratifying that you both (being monster players yourselves) are saying such words. It's extremely humbling. :wub:

I had quite a rough time with writing during the recording of this album, especially when this solo didn't sound like this during it's infant stages. It was pretty directionless and I didn't know where I was. There were a few idea but nothing came through, but after some soul searching, hard practice, and a few takes on the final recording, I got what eventually is on the album.

Granted that I can play the song cleaner and with more confidence now, but I'm still stoked that this guy took the time to cover the solo. And being a first for me, it really means a lot.

4ARM gives me a 3RDLEG
:rofl: You're still a champion Randy.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
That's awesome. Congrats man! :metal:

(also, when the fuck do you come through Boston again?)

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
I did a guest solo on friend's album and although he's not famous or anything there is acover out there of that song and it felt fucking weird to hear someone else playing my solo, but also felt thrilling as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts