Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: This is a Chapman video, apologies in advance to those with an aversion.

Around the 2 minute mark is where the warehouse shots begin, for those who want to skip.

That robotic selection process is just unreal :facemelt:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I don't know what magical qualities those two clunges have, but, as interesting as I find the idea of seeing behind-the-scenes at Thomann, I just can't bring myself to watch anything with them in.

Thomann are fucking excellent to buy from, btw, even over here. You get really quick service, updates along the way, and I don't think I've ever seen them beat on price by UK stores.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I don't know what magical qualities those two clunges have, but, as interesting as I find the idea of seeing behind-the-scenes at Thomann, I just can't bring myself to watch anything with them in.

Thomann are fucking excellent to buy from, btw, even over here. You get really quick service, updates along the way, and I don't think I've ever seen them beat on price by UK stores.
yeah you can sometimes make good on the GBP/EUR exchange rate as well as an added bonus!

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Fuck me, that place is amazing! I've seen robotic picking systems like that before, but never in a music shop.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I cant stand them either but its deffo worth a watch just for those couple of minutes to see the selection process dude, it's unbelievable.

And agreed re their service. I've bought a few things from there over the years. Even when I ordered the wrong item by mistake they were really accommodating and helpful in returning it for the correct item.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
What's the difference between Rob Chappers and Hitler?

Hitler didn't laugh at all his own jokes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thomann might put Mom'n'Pop music stores out of business by the dozen each month, but that warehouse gives me all kinds of material management boners

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I cant stand them either but its deffo worth a watch just for those couple of minutes to see the selection process dude, it's unbelievable.

And agreed re their service. I've bought a few things from there over the years. Even when I ordered the wrong item by mistake they were really accommodating and helpful in returning it for the correct item.
I managed to find some other videos that didn't have those two in it. Pretty impressive stuff! The place is huge, and it's really cool seeing how it all works.

By mistake, I was using a browser I wasn't signed in to YouTube with, so when the video finished, it autoplayed another video (I have that feature turned off), which happened to be that one! I heard/saw a little of it before I got it switched off. If there are two more annoying, self-congratulating and self-obsessed, annoying nitwits who are old enough to know better around, I've thankfully yet to see them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
not all that surprizing considering the sheer amount of goods they have in store.

+1 on the service since the lemon ibanez i once got from them got fully refunded (had the option to convert to store credit aswell).
They also do set ups if you decide to drop some serious cash on goods & come over wich is always awesome.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
If there are two more annoying, self-congratulating and self-obsessed, annoying nitwits who are old enough to know better around, I've thankfully yet to see them.
IIRC one of them lives in Brighton. If you're lucky you might bump into him at the shops :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts