Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus christ was he and his band on fire last night. There were a few points in the evening where I turned to Rob and mouthed, "are you seeing this???[/i] - in particular his tapped arpeggio stuff is just insanely clean, all without the benefit of a mute at the nut. If it wasn't already one in the morning when I got home, I probably would have stayed up until then practicing anyway because I'm absolutely feeling humbled by comparison and I need to do some serious woodshedding. :lol:

Rob, always a pleasure to catch up with you, man, and I can't wait till you post your next build thread. :D And likewise Angel - glad we got to shoot the shit for a while before and after the show, and thanks for coming to Boston (within walking distance of my place, too!) and absolutely annihilating that room. :D

Obligatory video spam:

Reactions: Randy

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I took(and plan to do many more) a Skype lesson with angel, and he was incredibly cool, humble, and knowledgeable. Watching someone play the kind of stuff he plays is absolutely mind blowing.
Keep killin it angel.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Sorry I missed out -(

I was hurtin last night for some reason and Jaq didn't want to drive. Just couldn't get myself to make the lefty drive in... Shucks

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
I should have asked rob to pick my ass up on the way....

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh, he'll be back in October, dude - you'll have to come out and see us then.

And yeah, Angel's fucking awesome. Such a nice dude, and totally in love with making music - it's kind of a running joke that I don't think I've ever seen him NOT jamming at one of our GearFests - in fact, I was joking last night that it was so weird to me to see bands playing music on stage, know Angel was in the building, and that he WASN'T playing with them. :lol: The guy just lives and breathes music.

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
That was a great time! As Drew said, Angel and band were astounding! Amazingly tight performance, and a mosh pit actually formed during one of the songs! Moshing...to instrumental guitar...the music was that powerful. Yet, Angel and band mates are the nicest people you could imagine. So very happy for them!

Great seeing you again Drew! It was so cool when Angel broke into that one song, looked right at you, huge smile and nod, acknowledging that song was right in your wheelhouse.

Dana, I would have been glad to pick you up on my way up from Providence. I thought you were out in west mass somewhere. Next time, no worries.

Now, if life shit would leave me alone for a week or two, I could get to posting those build threads. :D

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great seeing you again Drew! It was so cool when Angel broke into that one song, looked right at you, huge smile and nod, acknowledging that song was right in your wheelhouse.
Yeah, man, that was almost as cool as the part where, after the show, I went home and I could shred just that that!

...cause that totally happened. Really. I swear!

:(

(No surprise, but I think that's my favorite track on Away With Words - such a fucking gorgeous tune)

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Yeah, man, that was almost as cool as the part where, after the show, I went home and I could shred just that that!

...cause that totally happened. Really. I swear!

:(

(No surprise, but I think that's my favorite track on Away With Words - such a fucking gorgeous tune)
You must have found that little gift I left in the vent!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
Jason and I saw Angel and band in Providence last night, and again, they were great! In addition to their stellar musicianship, they are all really friendly and take the time to talk to fans, have pics taken, etc., even after being exhausted from playing in the heat and humidity and while packing up their gear. Definitely go see them if they are nearby!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Angel, Jake, and the gang were in Phoenix last night. The highlight of the set for me was when I said to myself "Are they covering Crystal Planet?"

They were. It was the bomb. :agreed:

Couldn't be nicer guys either. It was great catching up with Jake (Angel's bassist), I hadn't seen him in years.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Angel, Jake, and the gang were in Phoenix last night. The highlight of the set for me was when I said to myself "Are they covering Crystal Planet?"

They were. It was the bomb. :agreed:

Couldn't be nicer guys either. It was great catching up with Jake (Angel's bassist), I hadn't seen him in years.
:lol: That's awesome.

Yeah, I saw the picture of you guys on Facebook the other night, and immediately got jealous that you were at their show. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I was pissed that he didn't see my FB message in time to sync up when he was in Baltimore. Now he needs to come to VA...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts