Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Those are some serious power tubes. 2x 6C33s :metal:

Awful, awful, terrible demo, but others are saying these sound fantastic in person and without this guy playing it.

Granted, they'd better sound great for $4k.

These videos sound a bit better for both player and amp, but I'd love to hear the crunch and gain stuff too (and more than just a cover of "Lazy".)

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Extremely keen on punching that tie dye shirt wearing guitar player in the face.

His playing is so wanky...He's like every **** folk player ever put into some fucked up hippie folk deity.

He doesn't even know how to play some good blues, he just digresses back to shit ass finger folk. And chicken picking the pentatonic boxes up and down doesn't count :lol:

The amp didn't sound that amazing to me. :shrug:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Extremely keen on punching that tie dye shirt wearing guitar player in the face.

His playing is so wanky...He's like every **** folk player ever put into some fucked up hippie folk deity.

He doesn't even know how to play some good blues, he just digresses back to shit ass finger folk. And chicken picking the pentatonic boxes up and down doesn't count :lol:

The amp didn't sound that amazing to me. :shrug:
I think you've hit the nail on the head; Camera mic + wanky flamenco player = awful demo. I'd like to hear some actual clips of the thing, but only a few production models exist as of yet, and at that price it will likely stay that way.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
I think you've hit the nail on the head; Camera mic + wanky flamenco player = awful demo. I'd like to hear some actual clips of the thing, but only a few production models exist as of yet, and at that price it will likely stay that way.
Yeah, Well in the third video his playing sounded better but I kept thinking he was going to jump up and be like "I am the REAL Santana!"

The amp just didn't sound that special, My Randall has more character than that amp and I don't really boast about my gear that much to start with :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

This amp sounds cool but looking for MiG fighter tubes my amp seems like a chore.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm curious how they get that much gain out of a 12AX7 and a 12AU7...

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Hmm, I wouldn't mind trying one of these if they ever make it over the to UK, I'm a big fan of class A high gain amps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tubes are totally easy to get. (And cheaper than most the output tubes we are familiar with)

We're in the process of developing a killer website with pro demos.

Best to all, and thanks for checking out the amps!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Someone's Google-fu is righteous indeed. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whoa, glad to see you guys here, and doing some web searching!

How many models do you have? I've seen a number of differently-named and themed models all using the same tube layout, logo, and head case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

We've built many custom amps for local cats before bringing out our current products. You'll see a few odd named custom heads out there.

Tuzzia (our production amp) is a high gain monster.
It very much epitomises the heavy heavy import tone.
Different feeling amp, you need to play one to really get it.
Also respectably louder than most 100's (especially at bass)

Our Southern California dealer, Tone Merchants, just had JMR and Dave Weiner (of the Steve Vai band) shoot a killer demo yesterday. We'll have it up shortly.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Cool, I'll be curious to see that. Welcome to the boards, man. :yesway:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm curious how they get that much gain out of a 12AX7 and a 12AU7...
You can get plenty of gain out of one 12AX7, let alone a 12AX7 + 12AU7. Ever heard my DST-8080? That's just one JJ ECC83S pulling off all that gain.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts