Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was literally floored by how well he plays at this age. He's not even in kindergarten. He must have started shortly after he learned to walk.

Plus, he's playing better than Lars is these days. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Damn. Why didn't I get oppressive parents who forced me to practice six hours a day when I was in preschool?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the first thing I noticed. He's beating the shit out of that thing, with this big cheese on his face the whole time. :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Holy shit, what an awesome little kid! He'll probably end up as some monster session drummer or something, carve out a career and make a big pile of cash.

·
18,790 Posts
My girlfriend made an excellent point: People are always shocked at these super-young musicians picking it up and getting good so quickly for how young they are, but realistically, that's when we absorb the most from our surroundings. Think of how fast we learn to talk and walk, this is the same thing, just learning by imitation. Still really cool, but definitely a case for more musical education earlier in childhood development.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My girlfriend made an excellent point: People are always shocked at these super-young musicians picking it up and getting good so quickly for how young they are, but realistically, that's when we absorb the most from our surroundings. Think of how fast we learn to talk and walk, this is the same thing, just learning by imitation. Still really cool, but definitely a case for more musical education earlier in childhood development.
I never thought it was a matter of ability as much as attention span. It's common to find a kid who wants to beat on things with sticks, but to actually get him to sit down and learn entire songs? That's pretty fucking rare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.