Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
WG has guys chomping at the bit to buy strings that they refuse to disclose the gauges of and have them convinced that it is some revolutionary technology that is better than any string they have ever used before. They make 2 different sets regular and heavy and have guys thinking that no matter the guitar or tuning one of those two sets is the best thing they have ever used. WG for sure does not own a string factory. They are repackaging strings made by an exsisting manufacturer and convincing these kids they are something special. WG is a marketing machine catered to a bunch of lemmings that will buy anything they come up with.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
WG has guys chomping at the bit to buy strings that they refuse to disclose the gauges of and have them convinced that it is some revolutionary technology that is better than any string they have ever used before. They make 2 different sets regular and heavy and have guys thinking that no matter the guitar or tuning one of those two sets is the best thing they have ever used. WG for sure does not own a string factory. They are repackaging strings made by an exsisting manufacturer and convincing these kids they are something special. WG is a marketing machine catered to a bunch of lemmings that will buy anything they come up with.
Given that Meatlab is part owner of Horizon, and Horizon is being ghost built by MXR, my guess is that the strings are just repackaged Dunlop.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You have to hand it to Mehtab, he put the pedal to the metal on capitalizing off of the lemmings and never looked back. He's starting to rival Misha at this point, and he does it without even being able to actually play guitar. Good for him, I say. :lol:

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I like how these guys spent however long praising the Axe FX, and now that they already have signature guitars and pickups, they're adding analog gear back into their signal chain to allow for more signature models.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
They aren't stupid. Between them they have Seymour Duncan, dimarzio and BKP signature pickups - arguably the biggest 3 brands (in the metal scene at least). Guitar wise you have Jackson, ibanez and PRS, again some of the big brands.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
They aren't stupid. Between them they have Seymour Duncan, dimarzio and BKP signature pickups - arguably the biggest 3 brands (in the metal scene at least). Guitar wise you have Jackson, ibanez and PRS, again some of the big brands.
Not to mention Misha's signature Peavey head. I wonder if the other two will follow suit.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Probably - although I think the head is a collaboration, And not strictly a sig model. Not to mention 'get good drums' - their take on ez drummer.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
They are now about to close orders on the 4th run and have not delivered a single pedal. Mehtab has repeatedly said you can't judge tone based on video clips yet they have now sold 4 runs worth of these without any real people even touching one.

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,129 Posts
They are now about to close orders on the 4th run and have not delivered a single pedal. Mehtab has repeatedly said you can't judge tone based on video clips yet they have now sold 4 runs worth of these without any real people even touching one.
I heard the pedal at namm. If you have tried or liked any of misha's other pedals from that manufacturer that is pure crap, it is like those pedals but built way better and has a gate built in. It isnt for everyone but it is good and no I didnt buy one.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Hype train :shrug:

41 - 60 of 78 Posts