Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every year I accumulate a shit ton of parts for guitar projects that either don't end up working or I don't end up having a use for. I'm also a minimalist in that I hate clutter or anyhting that is surplus to what I need. So I figured instead of throwing all this stuff out I would just post it online an see if anyone had a use for it. So PM me if you want 2 or 3 items. My only stipulations are a) Paypal me 5.00-6.00 for shipping, I made the mistake of giving away a lot of free parts on HC once and having to shell out for a $2.00 padded envelope and $3-4 for shipping for like ten people kind of sucked. b) I'm not giving away everything to one person, last time I got PM'd by a bunch of hoarders, "Could you just box up everything and ship it too...", I'm doing this because hopefully someone can save some money on a guitar project or something. If you want 2 or 3 items I'm fine with that, just don't ask for everything.

Alright, I'll be updating this as I clean out more and more but heres some of the first batch

(All free stuff here)
-Long shaft (Les paul style) CTS, unused (never soldered), I've got the mounting hardware too
-Oak Grigsby 3 way switch, spent like $20 at specialty guitars only to realize when it came in that it was too deep for my SLSMG. Its also unused and comes with the mounting screws and the white tip
-Another unused CTS pot (not longshaft) all the mounting hardwares around here as well
-Some solder I picked up at radioshack (couldn't wait for the stuff I ordered online the day my BKPs arrived so an emergency trip to RS was in order), I used a little of the 63-37 stuff (It flows better than the 60/40 stuff IMO) but the 60/40 is unopened
-8gb HP SD(HC) card Can't remember what I bought this for. I think it was a zoom recorder or something. It doesn't work in anything I own now (I guess the format is different then regular SD) but I think some cameras/recorders take it. Maybe someone techy here knows what it is for.
-Hal Leonard bass method (complete edition books 1-2-3 and CDs) I used this when I was first learning bass. I wrote the note names by the staff on the first ten-twenty pages (Oh the joys of first learning notation), but if you can get past my marginalia on the first 1/10th of the book its a great resource, Cds are good too.
(/free)

Heres a picture of all this stuff

More to come as I clean out some more....

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Onstage mic stand (its intended for a kick drum or something else low to the ground like a guitar cab). This ones pretty new, it sucked having to buy the $28 stand and the $5 clip up just because I had forgotten my other stand at home, but now I have no use for it. I'm willing to give it away to anyone in the jackson area, but since theres probably no one around here that would want it I can probably ship this one. It will probably be a bit more though due to the weighty base and the size. I'm betting it would cost around $13 to ship (estimating on the UPS site) so if you want to paypal for shipping me that its yours.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 Foot Dimarzio Head-Cab Speaker Cable

Bought a couple of these from Nick (Axe Palace) earlier this year. I used this one two or three times. I think $18 shipped is a pretty fair asking price considering these are like $35 - 40 new. BTW if you need references for the things I actually plan to sell I have one deal here with joaocunha a couple on ss.org with orgin and tristoner7 (both guitars) and three or four on HC.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I've got a mic stand almost exactly like that, which rules. I'm now trying to convince myself I don't need a second, but someone should grab that ASAP. :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guitar and Music Theory Instruction

The Thesaurus of Scales and Melodic Patterns I'm selling because this is a duplicate for me. Its a great book if you're into incorporating a lot of theory into your playing or if you just want a good reference of "Scales and Melodic Patterns" its a pretty challenging book though, you won't be able to understand a lot of it unless if you have a fair bit of theory background. Its in great condtion except for one or two minimally bent edges. $12 shipped

Chris Parkening Guitar Method Vol. 1

Bought this for a classical guitar class for my major I ended up testing out of. Never been used. Pay for shipping on this badboy and its yours (should be $5.00). But only if you promise to wear a CP style turtleneck while you practice from this book.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also I have a shit ton of magazines. On the music related end I have about a year and a half worth of guitar world (with most of the discs) running from like 2008 to a few before the current one.

I also have like 2.5-3 consecutive years of maximum pc (with most of the discs) and like 4 consecutive years of PC Gamer (With most of the discs as well as multiple issues for atleast two of the years. Obvious those aren't music related but I figured there might be some PC enthusiasts on here as well.

So if you want a specific issue or just want me to ship you a whole chronology (no idea how much the shipping would be) just drop me a PM. My local library doesn't accept magazine donations and I would hate to see them go to waste.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts