Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been wondering; Why exactly is it that no one wants my Mesa 4x12 slant and matcing live-in road case? I've pulled it out of the road case once since I bought it, only to see how the cab looks. It's minty. t honestly doesn't get any easier than just taking off the front lid, and plugging it in. the road case is not in the best of conditions, but is that not to be expected?

It's been up for sale for like...3 months, but no one will pay what I want. is it that long of a shot to ask that someone pay $800 for a minty (if sightly used) Mesa 4x12, and $400 for a road case that someone had custom built for the cabinet, and judging by prices around here, it probably cost a SHIT TON! I've seel people trying to sell these with "a few small rips in the tolex from normal wear and tear" for $800-900 and mine's MINT yet no one wants it.

I just don't get it. It's an awesome piece of equipment, in awesome condition, with a way of keeping it in that awesome condition provided with purchase (albeit at the cost of $300). It can't seriously be because the people around here are broke-ass, is it? 3 months? Not even a low-baller has replied to any of my ads.

That said, anyone want it? Budda?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Price is definitely high dude. I see good condition recto 412s for 500 here often enough, minty ones often enough for 5 or 600.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
because if they are going to pay 800 bucks for a cab, they might as well save up the tiny bit extra for a brand new one. cabs do not hold their vale unless its an orange, bogner or diezel. comes to terms with this now. drop the price by 200 bucks and i bet it sells.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Price is definitely high dude. I see good condition recto 412s for 500 here often enough, minty ones often enough for 5 or 600.
Keep in mind this is CAD, but yeah, it might be a bit high still.

That said, I always keep my posted price a bit higher than I'm willing to go on Kijiji because people won't buy shit from you unless they can talk you down a little.

And yeah, I actually do think it's because people are just too broke right now. London's got one of the worst unemployment rates in Canada right now. I think we might still be in the top 5.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I see them all the time in the $500 US range, so your price is too high. Roadcases will never hold their value as there are very, very few guitarists who actually play out, and even fewer of those who want a roadcase.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, a new recto cab here in london costs $1045, plus tax (13%) i'm not sure if this includes the new HST, which could bring the total up to like 20% taxes. I don't know of ANYONE in the london area that does road cases either. I'd assume $600 US would be reasonable, then add shipping. I dunno. I just want it gone and it is depressing that no one wants such a nice piece of gear.

The only reason it's getting sold is because it's too damn big.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I feel your pain, lol. I'm trying to sell my 8x10 for the same reason. I live and practice on the 2nd floor... I can't move it unless someone helps me.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
I'd be interested at the right price but, yeah I'm not exactly broke but the bills from the new house and the higher mortgage payments have cut into my disposable income. I'd have to low ball you so much it would be insulting. :shrug:

I'm also one of the guys that doesn't play out so the road case really has no value for me.

My preference would also be 2 x 2x12's but...meh.

Feel free to PM me if you REALLY want it gone.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I think shipping is also a big issue. You're in a smaller market, so you have fewer potential local buyers, and anyone outside of south-central or southwestern Ontario isn't going to want to pay to have a massive thing like that shipped.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I see them all the time in the $500 US range, so your price is too high. Roadcases will never hold their value as there are very, very few guitarists who actually play out, and even fewer of those who want a roadcase.
This. Not only are you charging too much, but no one pays for used roadcases. I'll be shocked if the OP gets more than $60 for it.

Is it a standard or oversized cab? No one wants the oversized cabs these days, I've got one sitting in my basement that I've only gotten lowballers ($400 or less) on.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I paid 400 for mine, and it"s mint.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Both guitar players in my band got theirs mint or near mint condition and paid around $600 after tax.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This. Not only are you charging too much, but no one pays for used roadcases. I'll be shocked if the OP gets more than $60 for it.

Is it a standard or oversized cab? No one wants the oversized cabs these days, I've got one sitting in my basement that I've only gotten lowballers ($400 or less) on.
I'll give you $400 for it, and come get it in the fall. :wub:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
4x12s are heavy, hard to move, and in my opinion mostly unnecessary anyways. Road cases make that even worse. :shrug:

Also, cabs really don't hold value unless they are particularly special or vintage.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
4x12s are heavy, hard to move, and in my opinion mostly unnecessary anyways. Road cases make that even worse. :shrug:

Also, cabs really don't hold value unless they are particularly special or vintage.
Definitely not unnecessary imo. They sound a lot fuller, and just plain better than 2x12s.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
4x12s are heavy, hard to move, and in my opinion mostly unnecessary anyways.
Not for me and I'm not a bodybuilder. It is a little bit of awkwardness, but I really miss it compared to having to always move an 8x10 now...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.