Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Facebook and it piqued my interest. That junction box in the bottom right looks like a sleek and simple solution to run 4CM from the pedalboard with an all-in-one cable. My current setup works fine, however, this interests me because it's just so easy. Setup all the cabling in the pedalboard, then run 1 cable back to the amp, where I'm sure it splits off to multiple plugs, or there's probably another breaker box like this at the amp. Either way, it's one cable going back to the amp, which is great.

I had a pedalsnake once, and wasn't digging the ends (MIDI-style to quarter inch). It worked, but the ends were super bulky. I'd rather go for something sleek and simple like this if possible. So how do I do it? Where do I get the parts? I can't find anything remotely close in Google searches for patch adapters or breaker boxes, so I'm kinda at a loss but would love to build it.

I'm specifically talking about the custom box in the bottom right corner of this pedalboard:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
It looks like they are using TRS cables on the output side. You could build something like this with a couple of 1590B or 1590BB type enclosures. One for each end of the signal chain. It can get spendy if you need 120V power on the snake as well because you will need a shielded power cable to run it down the snake.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
They're not using one cable for everything. If you look at the labeling on the right hand side you'll see each box refers to a jack, so they've probably made a snake with all the cables the same length to plug in at one point, rather than at several points along the board. It also saves wear and tear on the jacks in the gear as well. Sorry to burst your bubble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.