Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a percentage of msrp that you look at for a used bogner, friedman, soldano.

Let's assume good condition and recent model...... so not a model that has been replaced by a newer model.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
A used SLO in good condition sells for about 2,500. They are 4,150 new. A used Uberschall goes for 1,700. New they are 2,600. Use those percentages (60-65%) as a starting point of what actual selling prices are. On ebay you will find much higher asking prices, but those items do not sell.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Searching competed listing on eBay for items that actually sold is a good measure for what to expect.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol good point...... i didn't think about value vs evaluate.

I will check eBay.

But some of the prices suggested is in line with what i was guessing. 60 some odd percent.

I just get upset when i see people asking near the cost of new. I mean if the difference is small i would just buy new.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
It really depends on the market, for the longest time boogie recto where the it amp and where selling at good money until the market got flooded and then they slowly came down in price and then they were no longer the It amp so they came down more. Then with the release of the reborn that really killed the price on them, you can get used 3 channels for $850 to $900 right now.

We are seeing this with the Mark V Mini right now, at first they were selling close to New price for a used one but recently I am seeing them down to $1k for a used one. The regular Mark V's still bring in good money because they do not sell as well as the Mini's.

Bogner uber had its hay day but now I have seen the uber's selling for as little as $1400 on low side and $1600 on average. The XTC still demands good money because not as many made.

SLO same thing, even though they have been around forever the production numbers are still low on them compared to other amps.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
It's all supply and demand. Also on the higher end of things especially wth Soldano SLOs and Bogner XTC's certain mods and variants command higher prices.

IE my XTC is one of the 'rare' ones being a pre 98 model 101A/B (most all XTC's are either 101A or 101B) with all factory mods (class a/ab switch, channel selectable speaker outs, channel selectable line outs and more) and stock 240v and I've turned down unsolicited offers of $5000 odd for it from some people who want that specific model.

EBay is always a good place to check for pricing like the others said. Always check the actual sold prices, not the listed prices.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Frank there is a VHT CL and 212 cab for $1600 in Brantford. When VHT was "in" the head was $1800. I'd go check it out.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frank there is a VHT CL and 212 cab for $1600 in Brantford. When VHT was "in" the head was $1800. I'd go check it out.
Thanks, I watched a couple of videoes but was not overly impressed. It seems to have a mesa boogie modern gain kinda vibe. Nothing wrong with that but it didn't grab me.

I'm still hoping for a Friedman Brown Eye. I see them listed from time to time. People seem to be asking around 4K CAN and it goes for 5.5K CAN new. I've been looking to see if I can score for under 4K but no luck so far. I think the price point occupies a strange place in the grand scheme of things..... some if spending large amounts probably look at Axe FX, not to mention there are many other modded marshall makers out there, and those looking to save some bucks might look to have a marshall or ceriatone modded. Plus the next hot thing will come out at some point. I think that my tastes for 70s and 80s has me leaning in some sort of a marshall type tone more than some of the more modern sounding amps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts