Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That AT-1/Cruiser demo I did has steadily grown and is now over 7k views (which, incidently, I need to finish that album and do a few more videos), and I figure while it's not going to be a huge source of income it'd nice to be able to get a check for $5 every couple months, and buy a beer.

So, what do I need to do?

Shameless plug:

:D

·
MAMMALHAMMER
520 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You can either apply to become a youtube parnter or they will invite you to revenue sharing once you reach a certain level of popularity.

It's a good idea to have about 600 subscribers or so before applying. A while back you only got one chnace to apply, now i think you can try more than once. Google "becoming a.Youtube partner" and you'll find everything you need to know.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.431 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

They'll email you. I have a couple with ads, and both times they hit me up first.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I thought to get YouTube ads you had to have loads of subscribers and hundreds of thousands of views? :scratch:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Also, keep in mind that Adsense is taxed TO DEATH, and you only get paid when your balance passes $100. So if you make $5/month, 20 months from now you'll get a check for like 60 bucks. :\

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd certainly WANT to be taxed on it -getting hit at the top marginal rate isn't so bad either, as that just means if you ever were to generate a significant amount of revenue you'd probably justr get a higher return.

Good to know, though - thanks!

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
I got a couple minecraft videos with ads on them. Made a little over $40 in the last couple months...usually anywhere for $1.25 - $0.25 a day.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Yeah, I dunno about all this. I've been getting requests to join the revenue sharing program and whatnot. But I figure 1) its probably not gonna make "that" much money, 2) I'm gonna get taxed on it anyways so why bother cluttering up my videos with ads?

I keep getting requested for the Avalanche video of him pulling a car, and the Mark V demos I did

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Yeah, I dunno about all this. I've been getting requests to join the revenue sharing program and whatnot. But I figure 1) its probably not gonna make "that" much money, 2) I'm gonna get taxed on it anyways so why bother cluttering up my videos with ads?

I keep getting requested for the Avalanche video of him pulling a car, and the Mark V demos I did
It's money you wouldn't otherwise have gotten. So what if you only make five bucks in the end? Would you happen to just leave a five dollar bill laying in a parking lot?

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
It's money you wouldn't otherwise have gotten. So what if you only make five bucks in the end? Would you happen to just leave a five dollar bill laying in a parking lot?
Seems like a hassle to me though. 1) Gotta set it up 2) Remember to claim it on your taxes 3) Isn't it gonna make your video all sorts of junked up with ads and ruin them?

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
Seems like a hassle to me though. 1) Gotta set it up 2) Remember to claim it on your taxes 3) Isn't it gonna make your video all sorts of junked up with ads and ruin them?
Seems like a relatively small amount of effort for it to me.

As for it junking up the videos, it's not nearly as bad as annotating the living shit out of videos like so many others do. The little adsense pop-up above the seek bar is rather tolerable.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Seems like a relatively small amount of effort for it to me.

As for it junking up the videos, it's not nearly as bad as annotating the living shit out of videos like so many others do. The little adsense pop-up above the seek bar is rather tolerable.
Yeah, THAT I'll 100% agree with...

... hmm... anyone got a link to a video with the revenue sharing ads on it? So I can see what it'd look like if I did it to my videos?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts