Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I honestly thought the answer would've been "don't make music at all," and do some boring desk job like a CPA :shrug:

edit: or just start hanging out with Sharon, but fuck that

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly thought the answer would've been "don't make music at all," and do some boring desk job like a CPA :shrug:

edit: or just start hanging out with Sharon, but fuck that
Both excellent points. And honestly, both sons clearly have talent and are solid singers. I prefer Maiden, but both are solid examples of their genres.

Also, they could refuse to fly, ever.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I give them Kudos, they will never have an easy life in Music because they will always be compared to their father, but they did want to do it anyway, also music business is very different now than it was when their father had their age and they will never reach the same popularity, no one will in todays environment.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Oh, I thought you were gonna say 'date a black girl'.

Tbf, that's not really as bad as I was expecting when you said the 'dj' word. Quite well written and catchy. Not my cup of tea, and they all look like hipster ponces, but it's not really djent in the truly awful sense of the word.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Whats all the hate around "Djent"? I love Animals as Leaders, but don't like Meshuggah (apart from a song or two) with all its lower string and 000111010101000000111 00100100 01111111, which is basically the same in all songs of theirs :)

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Whats all the hate around "Djent"? I love Animals as Leaders, but don't like Meshuggah (apart from a song or two) with all its lower string and 000111010101000000111 00100100 01111111, which is basically the same in all songs of theirs :)
Opening a can o' worms there homeslice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Easy now!

I actually dig Rise to Remain. I wasn't aware at the time when a friend of mine showed it to me that the singer was Bruce Dickinson's son.
They have a lot of cool melodic guitar stuff and I know they can shred their asses off but they keep it classy most of the time.

SHVPES though? Really? People need to lay off the V and Ø (Nøthing Møre) to replace A and O because it looks cool. Here in Norway Ø definitely don't sound like O. Listen to some samples for instance, then try to say Nøthing Møre out loud...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
So Dickinson's son is in both bands? Or he has two sons and they are both in bands?

OP is not very informative, and I'm not listenin' to that shit to find out. :dgaf:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I'd be enormously surprised if having Bruce Dickinson as your father wasn't a significant leg up.
Probably yes, but I suspect a big NO, why? Well, if it was me I would love to go up the ladder on my own and not have "daddy" pushing me.

Sure the name can open a few doors here and there but on this time and age, record sales are dead so that foot on the door means shit to be honest, you have to prove yourself Live and ANYONE can record a nice sounding Album nowadays on their bedroom, technology evolved and allows it.

Also the name can be a "cancer" to them.

Its probably a 50/50 of both :)

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So Dickinson's son is in both bands? Or he has two sons and they are both in bands?

OP is not very informative, and I'm not listenin' to that shit to find out. :dgaf:
Two different sons, each singers in their own bands.

Checking out some live videos, both seem to have a bit of dad's knack for stage presence, but not quite the vocal consistency (which is probably down to them doing the screaming thing mixed in with clean singing).

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts

Two sons, each a singer in his own band.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
::British accent::
"Ya know, boys, I don't mind your chunes but when you start doing that whiny bullshit I get fuckin' embarrassed. If you want to sing high fuckin' notes let your ole' pops show ya around, won't ya?"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

mpexus said:
Whats all the hate around "Djent"?
It fucking sucks, that's what.

Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 26 Posts