Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking about getting your shit together and setting up mics and tracks drums and all that shit. I see a lot of bedroom dudes with DKFH and such but how many of you guys do this for other people, for money?

·
18,790 Posts
I don't currently, but I have in the past, and it's the goal for the future. I love doing it, and I'd absolutely record live drums instead of programming drums if I could. When I get a band going again, I plan on booking studio time and recording actual live drums, doing all the producing/engineering ourselves.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Does "used to" count? If so, I did during the 90's out of New York and Nashville. But the BS pointed out in this thread. Was one of the reasons why I got out of it once the bedroom digital-recording thing started up. The handwriting was on the wall for all medium sized project studios (and some large ones also).

I think Lee has a similar background as mine?

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think anyone is keeping score. i have done a couple demos here and there myself but i don't have the space(or skill) to offer it full time or even really part time. just wondering.

I just finished up recording a buddies band mostly live off the floor but i was able to get total separation of instruments because we rented a different space. The playing isn't 100% tight but the songs are awesome. I'll post them up once the band ok's the mix i did for them.

4,429 Posts
I've done a couple of small things. One to two songs. But I'm currently going to college to do it professionally. So in a couple of years it will be a whole hearted yes.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Used to when I had the space, but now I just mix/master for a living. I will be engineering my band's album though.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I've recorded/mixed/mastered a few EP's for local bands, just finishing off the mastering on the first full length CD I've done. Also in the process of tracking another bands album, aswell as working on my own stuff.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I do, but its all rap and hip hop. Its what is most out there. and mehtab, fucking grow up you ignorant asshole.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Yeah, honestly, insult me all you want, it's kind of entertaining, but do it with grammar.
Hey. You were kinda asking for it with the way you were posting (noticed you edited that post, though, which was a good move). :shrug:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Mehtab and EngineerTravis, cut the shit or I'll ban you both. I don't know if there's a backstory here and frankly I can't bother to research, but Mehtab you WERE kind of asking for it here (and Travis, you probably could have replied with a bit more tact without, you know, dying).

Hey cmon now, don't put and after a period. :nono:
Grammatically acceptable, actually, provided the resulting sentence isn't a fragment (which his wasn't).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts